Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone play it? I discovered it recently, and being a WC3 DOTA fan, I'm addicted to this game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndon1504)
    Anyone play it? I discovered it recently, and being a WC3 DOTA fan, I'm addicted to this game!
    Real men play HoN (Hereos of Newerth), i find it a lot more polished and just altogether more awesome (Communities a ***** though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Real men play HoN (Hereos of Newerth), i find it a lot more polished and just altogether more awesome (Communities a ***** though)

I'll try that out, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    HoN is boring imo, less fun and I do believe LoL is more polished.

ReputationRep:
    I played it and had fun but couldn't really hack it. The playerbase is so mean!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndon1504)
    I'll try that out, thanks!
    Beware though, games are generally quite long often running up to 40 minutes and i had to really read up (hero guides and what not) before playing. When i first played in the beta I had no experience of DOTA. It was really hard to get into due to the amount of trolls but persevere and once you start racking up the kills it's insanely fun. Probably the most fun i've had all year

EDIT: HoN 2.0 is coming out in around 2 weeks so expect promotions. You can get it for cheap and there'll be lots of new features. I took a hiatus for the last 2 months but i'm drooling now and raring to go back. Main reason i stopped was because it was really demanding and college restarted. It's certainly a very intense experience, but i loved it.

ReputationRep:
    I played both HoN and LoL and I must say that HoN is much better. Obviously LoL is free, but HoN is definitely worth its price.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.