Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Doing the annual secret santa, and i've got the same girl as I had last year. Last year, I got her some nice perfume.

This year, i'm completely stuck! She said in an open comment to the entire house, i'd like clothes from A-Wear, Topshop or somewhere similar.. Now i'm not a clothing guru by any means, but how the hell am I going to get a dress from those places in my budget? (Budget is £10-£15)

So, ladies.. is this actually possible given the budget? If not, can you suggest some other alternatives for a present?

Ps. I also don't trust myself buying girls clothes, so alternative presents are very much required

ReputationRep:
    Asos? All the girls I know are mad about it for some reason and it has a massive range of clothes/accesories/gifts. Good for all budgets imo. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbristow)
    Doing the annual secret santa, and i've got the same girl as I had last year. Last year, I got her some nice perfume.

This year, i'm completely stuck! She said in an open comment to the entire house, i'd like clothes from A-Wear, Topshop or somewhere similar.. Now i'm not a clothing guru by any means, but how the hell am I going to get a dress from those places in my budget? (Budget is £10-£15)

So, ladies.. is this actually possible given the budget? If not, can you suggest some other alternatives for a present?

Ps. I also don't trust myself buying girls clothes, so alternative presents are very much required
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd ?langId=-1&storeId=12556&catalogId=33057& pageSize=20&categoryId=217217&so rt_field=Relevance#langId=-1&storeId=12556&catalogId=33057& pageSize=20&categoryId=217217&so rt_field=Relevance&refinements=P rice{2}~[0|15]

sale section although they do sell out quickly

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&view AllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId =12556&productId=2010769&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryI d=217217&parent_categoryId=&sort _field=Relevance&pageSize=20&ref inements=Price{2}~[0|15]

http://www.awear.com/sale/icat/awear...tofworld&log=4

ReputationRep:
    £15 gift voucher from topshop problem sorted she can put the rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    £15 gift voucher from topshop problem sorted she can put the rest
    I've thought this - as we did say - vouchers are allowed.
    I just think it's a 'get out of jail card', and i'd really like to use it as a last resort...

OR

Use it the idea, put £10 on it, and then buy a little prezzie to go with it (now what that little prezzie is, I have no clue!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbristow)
    I've thought this - as we did say - vouchers are allowed.
    I just think it's a 'get out of jail card', and i'd really like to use it as a last resort...

OR

Use it the idea, put £10 on it, and then buy a little prezzie to go with it (now what that little prezzie is, I have no clue!)
    i think the voucher is the best bet, just means that your friend can pick whatever she wants rather than you buying her something that she doesn't really like.

When i get my friends a voucher i usually get them a bath gift set or some jewellrey to go with it.

x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.