Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay, I'm going to cut the long story short:

I went out last night with a guy that I am seeing plus a few mates. Towards the end of the evening I started getting really upset with him because he kept on ignoring me but talking to some of my friends (both of which were single and female). As a result I got really upset and decided to pull another guy in front of him. We then had an argument, where I lost it but he managed to keep his cool (I was very drunk )

When I woke up I felt so awful so I messaged him on facebook apologising. I checked a couple of hours later and he still hadn't replied although he was sending out quite angry/upset statuses, so I sent him another message. Now, normally we talk from like 9:00 until early hours but he isn't online which is really unusual. I know that he has seen both of my messages and is clearly avoiding me.

My friends are all telling me to text him because I need to make up for how unreasonable I was last night, and that they know he really likes me, it's just that I've upset him. I really want to talk to him about it, but I'm not sold on texting him. Firstly, he upset me first and as he has a reputation as a player don't I have a right to be a bit wary of him if he is talking to other girls? Secondly I've already apologised twice, what good is a third time going to do? And thirdly, doens't it come off as a bit desperate? Guys hate clingy girls right? And it's not even like we're properly going out so I have no claim on him, nor has he any claim on me. In which case, need I apologise at all? We're both free to pull whoever we want.

So, should I text him and try to make it up or let him make the first move? Guy's input especially useful please

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.