Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an applicant email from kent uni with a student guide which when i waved my cursor over the picture in teh student guide, the picture was titled 'girl against blue background' ...but there's a picture of a guy...

It isn't something important, but i just wondered who else noticed this... it was kinda funny the guy was referred to as a girl...well for me...

just wave yoru cursor over the email from kent (those with offers) and tell me if you see it too :O

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    haha.

ReputationRep:
    That's cos Kent is shiiiiiite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    IT's my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    wait, YOU GO KENT. ;

ReputationRep:
    Just don't go to the Medway campus. Please, I beg you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Just don't go to the Medway campus. Please, I beg you.
    I agree by like X100000000.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha. I live about 10 mins from the Medway campus. Not really anything great around here, not gonna lie...

Don't go to the Canterbury campus either. It's shiiiiiite. It's just, what was once a nice green hill, ruined by grey concrete blocks.

ReputationRep:
      Why is it ****? Not being confrontational, just interested.

(Original post by diamonddust)
        Go to an open day and you'll see. :puke:

ReputationRep:
        The Canterbury campus is nice from what I saw. I'm not overly picky when it comes to decor and buildings, however the reason I hated Medway was simply because there is nothing on the campus and places like Chatham aren't the nicest of areas to go out in.

That said, Aberdeen isn't much of a looker either, regardless of what RM has to say

ReputationRep:
        Did you see the little tag that comes up when you wave yoru cursor over teh dudes pic in teh email :P

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by helpneeded-a)
        I got an applicant email from kent uni with a student guide which when i waved my cursor over the picture in teh student guide, the picture was titled 'girl against blue background' ...but there's a picture of a guy...

It isn't something important, but i just wondered who else noticed this... it was kinda funny the guy was referred to as a girl...well for me...

just wave yoru cursor over the email from kent (those with offers) and tell me if you see it too :O

hahah thats bad!

But not as bad as some student on here going to aberdeen making the university look like its the new harvard

ReputationRep:
        Why would they name it "girl against a blue background" anyway? That's like a placeholder title you would use so the designer would know what picture to put there... haha

ReputationRep:
        Kent is really disorganised. Both times I applied for different courses, even on different campuses I had a lot of problems.

The first time, they lost my exam results somehow and wouldn't give me a place until they received them in a few days time which meant I lost my accommodation. Then when I asked to withdraw my offer they took 3 days to do it which meant I nearly lost my place at another university.

Second time I applied I never received my welcome pack so I had to call out for it to be resent, if it was ever sent in the first place. I didn't find out if I had accommodation until 2 days before I was scheduled to move in.

Other things:
        - Kent is the ONLY university I couldn't get through to on results day. Other universities I may have had to call twice Kent I had to call 16 times. And even then the person on the phone was useless and put me through to completely the wrong department.
        - I've had my university card just over a year, seldom ever use it but it's already peeling apart because of their crap quality.
        - There's no help if you're having any problems with the course. The University claims there is, but when you actually need them, there's no help available.
        - I just recently got about 4 viruses after logging on to the university network and now my computer won't work. I've had my laptop less than a year :nn:
        - Printer in my uni building doesn't work 80% of the time. The other 20% it doesn't have either black or coloured ink or paper.
        - Work takes a LONG time to get back to us. Last year I had to wait 3 months to get results back from a piece of work. This year it's been at least a month already.
        - Societies at Medway are awful, so university life is really boring. Medway's solution is to travel 40 miles to go to Canterbury. Wtf?! Ditto for a good Freshers week and Summer Ball. Plus I feel really unsafe walking around.
        - Medway is just a really rubbish area and the uni don't make life here any more interesting. Not necessarily their responsibility, but there's not much to do on campus either.
        - Most of the help sessions or career days are at Canterbury. We are told what building/room it is, but I've only been there once before, I'd get lost
        - The jobshop seldom has jobs outside of Canterbury, but even then there aren't all that many.
        - Overpriced uni accommodation. My room in a house is £1300 a year cheaper, including bills :confused:
        - No transport from halls to uni building, which for me isn't on campus, it's on the Historic Chatham Dockyard which is a 30-35 min walk away. Lovely in summer, bloody miserable in winter. University suggested a shuttle bus but nothing came of it.

and a whole bunch of other pedantic things.

Don't get me wrong, some aspects of uni life have been good, but overall I'm not impressed.

ReputationRep:
        Kent is really disorganised. Both times I applied for different courses, even on different campuses I had a lot of problems.

The first time, they lost my exam results somehow and wouldn't give me a place until they received them in a few days time which meant I lost my accommodation. Then when I asked to withdraw my offer they took 3 days to do it which meant I nearly lost my place at another university.

Second time I applied I never received my welcome pack so I had to call out for it to be resent, if it was ever sent in the first place. I didn't find out if I had accommodation until 2 days before I was scheduled to move in.

Other things:
        - Kent is the ONLY university I couldn't get through to on results day. Other universities I may have had to call twice Kent I had to call 16 times. And even then the person on the phone was useless and put me through to completely the wrong department.
        - I've had my university card just over a year, seldom ever use it but it's already peeling apart because of their crap quality.
        - There's no help if you're having any problems with the course. The University claims there is, but when you actually need them, there's no help available.
        - I just recently got about 4 viruses after logging on to the university network and now my computer won't work. I've had my laptop less than a year :nn:
        - Printer in my uni building doesn't work 80% of the time. The other 20% it doesn't have either black or coloured ink or paper.
        - Work takes a LONG time to get back to us. Last year I had to wait 3 months to get results back from a piece of work. This year it's been at least a month already.
        - Societies at Medway are awful, so university life is really boring. Medway's solution is to travel 40 miles to go to Canterbury. Wtf?! Ditto for a good Freshers week and Summer Ball. Plus I feel really unsafe walking around.
        - Medway is just a really rubbish area and the uni don't make life here any more interesting. Not necessarily their responsibility, but there's not much to do on campus either.
        - Most of the help sessions or career days are at Canterbury. We are told what building/room it is, but I've only been there once before, I'd get lost
        - The jobshop seldom has jobs outside of Canterbury, but even then there aren't all that many.
        - Overpriced uni accommodation. My room in a house is £1300 a year cheaper, including bills :confused:
        - No transport from halls to uni building, which for me isn't on campus, it's on the Historic Chatham Dockyard which is a 30-35 min walk away. Lovely in summer, bloody miserable in winter. University suggested a shuttle bus but nothing came of it.

and a whole bunch of other pedantic things.

Don't get me wrong, some aspects of uni life have been good, but overall I'm not impressed.
        :/
        That really does sound pretty ****ty tbh.
        Why did you apply again to the Medway campus? If I were you and I'd had a really **** experience before, I would have gone to another uni for an MA.
        Slightly off topic but did you like RHUL?
        I have an applicant day on the 15th so I'll see what it's like when I get there. Maybe they've changed? :erm:
        If there's one thing I can't stand, it's disorganisation.
        I want to go to UEA and RHUL more than I do Kent... hope they let me in!
        Xx

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by helpneeded-a)
        Did you see the little tag that comes up when you wave yoru cursor over teh dudes pic in teh email :P
        Nope, sorry to say I didn't but that's because I was on my iPhone when I got the email. I'll check on my laptop.

Haha, I'm laughing so much right now. I have a University of Aberdeen advert on the side! Thanks RM! :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.