Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE revision finished by the end of Christmas Holidays Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I want to make all my notes for my GCSEs (that includes yr 10 and yr 11 because I have made no notes for yr 10) before the end of the Christmas Holidays. I get just over 3 weeks in the Christmas Holidays and will be planning to work 4 hours a day.

Is it possible to make notes and revise 7 subjects in total within the 3 weeks and do the past papers?

What is the most effective way as I always get distracted!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Hi guys

I want to make all my notes for my GCSEs (that includes yr 10 and yr 11 because I have made no notes for yr 10) before the end of the Christmas Holidays. I get just over 3 weeks in the Christmas Holidays and will be planning to work 4 hours a day.

Is it possible to make notes and revise 7 subjects in total within the 3 weeks and do the past papers?

Thanks
    This is a complete waste of time. You will have forgotten everything by the time it comes to the exams and will have to revise again.

ReputationRep:
    I mean make notes in the hols...

ReputationRep:
    Don't work 4 hours a day over Christmas during your GCSEs. Please don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Hi guys

Thanks
    Okay, in all seriousness, are you going to be taking any further education? If not then by all means, work your bloody hardest for your GCSEs because these are the qualifications you will have with you for the rest of your life. If yes, enjoy your childhood whilst you still can! Once you've taken A levels, GCSEs count for absolutely sod all!

ReputationRep:
    Yes i plan to take further education including uni.

I am aiming for full A*s

ReputationRep:
    If you want to, then go for it. It's probably possible although if you're easily distracted it's probably not the best method for you. If you do do it like this, make sure that it isn't ALL the revision you're going to do - you should revise bits the whole way through the year, not just in little chunks.

A good revision method is to split up all your subjects into areas of the course, so for example Biology might have Digestion, Respiration, Reproduction and stuff. Make one fact sheet per heading for all of your subjects, with bullet points, pictures and anything you need on one page (don't just write small, write the least you possibly can write that will still remind you of the info you need to know). Once you've done that you'll have a folder of everything you need to know in miniature - perfect for revision and really organised.

Revision notes written by hand tend to go in better too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miahrose)
    If you want to, then go for it. It's probably possible although if you're easily distracted it's probably not the best method for you. If you do do it like this, make sure that it isn't ALL the revision you're going to do - you should revise bits the whole way through the year, not just in little chunks.

A good revision method is to split up all your subjects into areas of the course, so for example Biology might have Digestion, Respiration, Reproduction and stuff. Make one fact sheet per heading for all of your subjects, with bullet points, pictures and anything you need on one page (don't just write small, write the least you possibly can write that will still remind you of the info you need to know). Once you've done that you'll have a folder of everything you need to know in miniature - perfect for revision and really organised.

Revision notes written by hand tend to go in better too.
    Thanks for the tips!!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly IMO 4 hours a day isn't enough to make ALL your notes. And I'm in no way suggesting spending any longer on them, just do some over christmas and the rest when you get back after christmas. If you aren't as rushed you're more likely to remember things.

ReputationRep:
    Please go outside and meet girls :\

ReputationRep:
    I started in my study leave - 3 weeks before

ReputationRep:
    I did most of mine the night before :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't. Just Don't. Please. Surely you want to have a life as well as get good grades?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's need two weeks revision maximum. Not 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    I did most of mine the night before :/
    snap.
    though it didn't work out well, I must admit.
    OP, work hard in lessons and put effort into homework etc. you should get full a* - if you have the capability, which you should if you are aiming for that - without revising at all, or with just flicking through some notes to remind yourself the week or so before your exams.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you keep asking this.... Just get on with it instead of spending weeks making plans.

Download the exam specifications. Learn that.
    Buy the revision books. Do them.
    Download the past papers. Do them too.

ReputationRep:
    If you're easily distracted then delete your facebook account! By the time May/June comes around, it will seem irresistible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    I'm sure you keep asking this.... Just get on with it instead of spending weeks making plans.

Download the exam specifications. Learn that.
    Buy the revision books. Do them.
    Download the past papers. Do them too.
    This is great advice. Also the advice to delete your facebook account - or at least switch off your modem for the 4 hours a day that you are studying (until nearer the time - but you do still need the internet to get your specifications etc).

Get lots of exercise and do other things during the other 8 hours that you are awake. It is too soon to be completely obsessive.

It is not true that GCSEs are not important. If you want to go to a good uni to study something like Economics, Medicine or Law a great set of GCSEs will help you enormously - or at least a 'dodgy' set will certainly hold you back.

Go for it - but careful that you do not burn out too soon.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even do revision for GCSE's, then again I was known for bricking it for my GCSE's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.