Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some guys take so long to lose their virginity/gain sexual experience? watch

ReputationRep:
    i know a small minority might be waiting for the right person. but among guys, this isnt going to really happen. for most guys, they wouldnt turn down the opportunity of getting with a girl.

so guys who take so long to lose their virginity and gain sexual experience, assuming its not because they're waiting for the right person, why does this happen?

ReputationRep:
    Because not everyone has access to sex. Some only want to do it in the form of sex within a stable relationship. Some people just aren't that bothered.

The list goes on.

Why do you care? And specifically, why is it an issue for guys only in your opinion? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Because we don't all live on the dole and claim benefits and get girls pregnant to claim council houses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Because we don't all live on the dole and claim benefits and get girls pregnant to claim council houses.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Because not everyone has access to sex. Some only want to do it in the form of sex within a stable relationship. Some people just aren't that bothered.

The list goes on.

Why do you care? And specifically, why is it an issue for guys only in your opinion? :curious:
    its an issue for guys only because girls place higher expectations on guys and guys are naturally the chasers. unless a girl is very ugly and/or very fat, they will get the opportunities a lot easier, and lowering their standards a bit almost guarantees them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    ever heard of safe sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    ever heard of safe sex?
    Is sexual intercourse a necessity? No. I hope this answers your question to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Some guys lack the confidence to approach a girl, some have all the confidence in the world to approach, but are either ugly as sin, or just really awkward to talk to/not have that likeable a personality, and others just haven't found the liquid courage we call alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    its an issue for guys only because girls place higher expectations on guys and guys are naturally the chasers. unless a girl is very ugly and/or very fat, they will get the opportunities a lot easier, and lowering their standards a bit almost guarantees them.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of us just aren't that fussed...

ReputationRep:
    ...Maybe because they're decent/ waiting for the right person.. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Because no one will have sex with them?

Isn't that the obvious answer?

ReputationRep:
    i know a small minority might be waiting for the right person. but among guys, this isnt going to really happen. for most guys, they wouldnt turn down the opportunity of getting with a girl.

so guys who take so long to lose their virginity and gain sexual experience, assuming its not because they're waiting for the right person, why does this happen?
    Various reasons:

* They don't wanna regret doing it with the wrong person
    * They think it is not safe enough and the thought "Oh know what if I..."
    * Their parents don't let them (certain cultures...)
    * Just don't see the point of it or are just too shy
    * Because they simply don't find someone who would wanna have sex with them
    * Religious reasons

ReputationRep:
    Probably cos they're ugly

ReputationRep:
    for me it's because anything outside of a relationship would feel like using someone, which I honestly can't do.
    Dates have either turned out to be boring or got nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Probably cos they're ugly
    i have to lol at this too! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    Because no one will have sex with them?

Isn't that the obvious answer?
    yes thats the obvious answer i already knew, thank you very much. WHY will no one have sex with them?

ReputationRep:

maybe because usually the guy has to approach the girl, and obviously some guys are naturally quiet or shy and might not have the confidence to ask a girl out, so it takes them a while to build up the confidence to ask a girl out

ReputationRep:
    The chance may not necessarily arise, and if it does not everything will jump on that chance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.