Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me help my heartbroken friend Watch

My bezz got me into this site a few weeks ago, said it was sometimes funny and sometimes the people are really helpful – i am looking for helpful..i’m at a loss O.o

My friend just got broken up with, not end well. and he;s done some grim things so we don’t like him; ‘wonder-how-they-even-got-a-girlfriend-in-the-first-place-sort-of-guy.’ He led her on afterwards as well, and his housemate had to put her straight because he didn’t have the balls...

‘ways, she’s alright when she’s out smiley and is fun to be with, but i think when she’s alone it plays on her mind alot. She broke down last night, and her housemate gave me a ring when he heard her crying and we did some computer cleansing for her as well and then sat up watching tv with her till 2am

so i have no idea what to say to her that’ll help, she needs spce obviously so i cant smother her but then i feel like i should do more because shes great when i hae my own problems. It’s obvious she’s cut up and we’re all abit worried because i think she bottles it up while shes out and then explodes when she’s by herself :/ (hence last night) i am rubbish in these situations... what should i say to her?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    It's a delicate time so you probably shouldnt need to talk much but be a good listener and be there. It sounds like you're doing good so far

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.