Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got a date with the girl I like! How do I act? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Morning all,

Basically i've plucked up the courage to ask a girl I like out for a drink - she said yes!

So how do I play things on the date?

What's the standard etiquette? Girls what do you like to see?

Should I go for a kiss at the end if all goes well?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Just go with the flow...

ReputationRep:
    It's always a good idea to go naked.

youknow, let her know what she's in for. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I know you're nervous, but this isn't the place to ask... we don't know you, her, or the circumstance.

I'm going to have to go for a phrase muttered by 1000s of advice givers over the years:

Be your self! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yay congrats. Just do what feels natural and be yourself =) No point giving a false impression. Maybe think of some things to talk about in advance just in case things go a bit quiet and you want to avoid an awkward silence.

Kissing at the end is all kind of subjective, but personally if I thought things had gone well and he didn't at least try and kiss me I'd wonder why. Saying goodbye without a kiss can be slightly awkward in my experience. You either get the rubbish 'half hug' or just walk off, which is probably worse. So kisses ftw =)

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you bring a condom.

ReputationRep:
    act like a ********.

ReputationRep:
    Act cool, bro. Chicks love that.

Spoiler:
    Show
    No seriously, just be yourself

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: Just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1rules)
    Morning all,

Basically i've plucked up the courage to ask a girl I like out for a drink - she said yes!

So how do I play things on the date?

What's the standard etiquette? Girls what do you like to see?

Should I go for a kiss at the end if all goes well?

Thanks a lot!
    just be yourself and go with the flow

ReputationRep:
    All these cliches don't help a great deal IMO. Op needs to know how that translates into action. What if himself is naturally a quiet ultra polite geek? Being himself isn't gonna help much in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about F1

ReputationRep:
    just b urself and dont rush into things so quickly get to know each other more and then ur friendship can take one step further and maybe even go back to ur place.. find out her hobbies and was she likes etc and keep flow goin and then she may fall 4 u...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Be nice to her.

And yeah, it's good to talk about hobbies and intersests, but maybe don't mention your collection of Nazi memorabilia until at least the third date.

ReputationRep:
    yh that prob best thing to do... also B A GD LISTENER TO HER as most guys dont i no i've been there lol

ReputationRep:
    Wear a vest.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get too pissed, you're night may go so well that you're just about to have sex but brewers droop may kick in

ReputationRep:
    In before "just be yourself".

Oh wait, too late.

ReputationRep:
    right well this is easy hun u just need to chill relax dont be up tight and dont act like a idiot just be kidn to ehr and take htings slow dont be the last to make a move but dont be the first make sure u dotn force her in to anythink make sure shes cool with stuff 2 xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.