Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tim Buton,

Master of the gothic Victorian genre films? Or, overated typecast director?

Discuss

ReputationRep:
    I quite like his stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I think he's great. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I like his stuff. Plus he's done stuff other than gothic victorian - Batman etc.

ReputationRep:
    I used to like his stuff, but I'm not so keen now. It's all the same, and even pushing on boring, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    YAY!

ReputationRep:
    I love edward Scissorhands and the corpse bride

ReputationRep:
    Naaaaaay

Gimicky, Pretentious, Overhyped, Repetetive and Irritating.

I want the £4.20 I spent on a child ticket for 'Corpse Bride' in 2005 back.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, a yay for me

ReputationRep:
    I think some Tim Burton films such as "The Nightmare Before Christmas" are really good and fun to watch. I have a problem with his non animated films though. It's a bit random I guess, but I always get annoyed at the fake blood in Sweeney Todd and Sleepy Hollow because it's so clearly fake...

ReputationRep:
    I really like his dark style, Nightmare before Christmas is my fave musical. Corpse Bride is excellent too.

But I've never seen Edward Scissorhands or 9 yet :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I thought he did a good job with the Batman films. I'm also partial to putting on The Nightmare Before Christmas and joining in with the songs.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy his films even though he rips on his visual style off early German cinema in the 1920s, which always annoys me when people go on how visual unique he is. Alice in Wonderland was boring.

Also this sums up Tim Burton brilliantly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFzLRP8e4vE

ReputationRep:
    I like the animation and style, but the singing is gay and really makes his films unwatchable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.