Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do women find playing the guitar attractive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah...so... ive been playing guitar for about 7 years now and not to brag or anything, but i am pretty good... but ive never used it to "get" girls. people i know are starting to learn to play the guitar becasue theywant to atract girls... ive never really boasted about playing the guitar.
    so girls... do you find it attractive?
    and guys... how do you then go about "seducing" with a guitar?

ReputationRep:
    Drummers ftw.

--EDIT:

Oh, yeah, it depends how good you are with the guitar. Too many guys play it nowadays for it to be attractive right off the bat (and of course, it's not just about if you can play the guitar or not). Be good enough to stand out of the crowd and I'm sure that like any excellent talent, it'll catch a girl's attention. I'm not really into guitar players as much as the aforementioned drummers though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not really. I think being able to play an instrument well is impressive, but unless you're interesting, intelligent and easy to get on with, I won't be interested solely because of your guitar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Nah, not really. I think being able to play an instrument well is impressive, but unless you're interesting, intelligent and easy to get on with, I won't be interested solely because of your guitar.
    i didn't mean you would be solely becasue of the guitar... just wondered wether it helped or not...

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If a guy can play a guitar well (or drums or can sing) then he is immediately more attractive than if he couldn't. It's attractive to see a guy that dedicated to something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Drummers ftw.

--EDIT:

Oh, yeah, it depends how good you are with the guitar. Too many guys play it nowadays for it to be attractive right off the bat (and of course, it's not just about if you can play the guitar or not). Be good enough to stand out of the crowd and I'm sure that like any excellent talent, it'll catch a girl's attention. I'm not really into guitar players as much as the aforementioned drummers though.
    yeah, i've noticed that about drummers, they always seem to get the girls!! Grrrrr lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrCinderella)
    i didn't mean you would be solely becasue of the guitar... just wondered wether it helped or not...
    I reckon I'd think 'that's cool' if you told me, but that's about it. I'm obviously not easily amused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I reckon I'd think 'that's cool' if you told me, but that's about it. I'm obviously not easily amused
    ok... so what about Ukulele? im pretty handy at that too!

ReputationRep:
    Like kat2pult said, it's nice if you can but I'm not gonna go out with you just because can. That said, my ex was a guitar teacher/lead guitarist in a band and watching him play either on stage or just in his room showing me something new, for some reason made me all tingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrCinderella)

ok... so what about Ukulele? im pretty handy at that too!
    Nah, sorry would you be impressed if I told you that I played the triangle very well indeed?

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, talent is attractive. Though so many people say they play guitar when a lot of the time they can barely manage a few chords, so if someone told me they play guitar I probably wouldn't think anything of it until I actually heard them play.

ReputationRep:
    Playing the guitar is definately attractive, it's wonderful to do and its something a bit different to just realing off your hobbies as football and booze.

My dad is a professional guitar player and he always wanted me to learn (so did I) but somehow I never got over the PAIN in the tips of your fingers. You need to be made of stronger stuff than I am! Ha!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! My boyfriend is lead guitarist in his band and I love that he's guitar mad, as someone else said, it's a massive turn on to see him so enthusiastic about something which is so alien-like to me :P

ReputationRep:
    Guitar hero is deffinatley where its at now, if you can shred it on expert girls just drop their pants for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f00ddude)
    Guitar hero is deffinatley where its at now, if you can shred it on expert girls just drop their pants for you
    well ive mastered that... and no dice :P

ReputationRep:
    i love ppl playin guitar i quite a nice pass time. i love just sittin jammin guitar wiv bf(even tho me an him have now broken up ) i am teachin myself atm and i learned too songs already. i think its quite attractive.... my opinion. add me ppl... <3 <3 <3 xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's an impressive talent for both males and females so yes... adds onto you talents & interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloudrunner)
    Playing the guitar is definately attractive, it's wonderful to do and its something a bit different to just realing off your hobbies as football and booze.

My dad is a professional guitar player and he always wanted me to learn (so did I) but somehow I never got over the PAIN in the tips of your fingers. You need to be made of stronger stuff than I am! Ha!

That takes dedication. After a while you can notice a real difference between your fretting and plucking hands.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Obviously there's more to a guy than his guitar playing skillz but it's really really hot...I'm not one of these girls that will drop their knickers at the line 'I'm in a band' but it helps :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.