Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

pharmacists where do you see yourself in 4 yrs time?-this ques is ........ Watch

ReputationRep:
    getting me crazy because i dont know how to answer it.I know i want to work for a pharmaceutical company but say just that and i will fall into a big
    @ spiral of failure.

ReputationRep:
    I need answ as well ive got intw coming up...

ReputationRep:
    Any pharmacists online who can help?

ReputationRep:
    NO ONE?

ReputationRep:
    Pre-reg if you're lucky!

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer it as an intw ques

ReputationRep:
    In an interview, you'd be expected to answer it by informing them which area of pharmacy you want to work in. Community/Hospital or Industry. Consultant Pharmacy is like the top job. But consultant community pharmacists rake it in too.

ReputationRep:
    "Well I'd like to do my pre-reg in industry; the design of novel drugs and formulation science really interests me."

But then you might shoot yourself in the foot if they ask you what you know about formulation science. Sooo get researching.

ReputationRep:
    In 4 years you'd be in your 4th year of study so I'd say still at uni hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Ill rep anyone who puts in the best answer

ReputationRep:
    Stupid tsr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h-star)
    In 4 years you'd be in your 4th year of study so I'd say still at uni hopefully!
    This.

P.S. Remember guys, you're not a pharmacist until you've completed and passed your total of 5 years of uni and pre-reg!

ReputationRep:
    In 4 yrs you would have finished pharmacy school?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking more an intw answer anyone?

ReputationRep:
    The mPharm degree takes 4 fours to complete, after which most people will take the Pre-Registration year which will also enable them to become Registered Pharmacists.

Without the Pre-Registration you will not be allowed to do dispensery of drugs ect.

Most Pharmacists after their 5 Years of study (4 for the mPharm, 1 for the Pre-Reg) will move to be employed in a Community or Hospital Pharmacy. However, if you intend to work within the Pharmacutical Industry, it is highly recommended that you take a Post-Graduate course, preferrably within the specific area of industry you are interested in, as the Pharmacutical industry is usually highly competitive and require some form of Post-Gradute Pharmaceutical study before accepting applicants.

Thusly, you should add an extra 1-3 years (Depending if you take a Masters or a Doctorates course) of study/research before you go into industry.

As for the interview, I recommend something along the lines of what JayEm said, although you should research a bit to back up your interest claims and sound more knowledgable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazy Bed)
    The mPharm degree takes 4 fours to complete, after which most people will take the Pre-Registration year which will also enable them to become Registered Pharmacists.

Without the Pre-Registration you will not be allowed to do dispensery of drugs ect.

Most Pharmacists after their 5 Years of study (4 for the mPharm, 1 for the Pre-Reg) will move to be employed in a Community or Hospital Pharmacy. However, if you intend to work within the Pharmacutical Industry, it is highly recommended that you take a Post-Graduate course, preferrably within the specific area of industry you are interested in, as the Pharmacutical industry is usually highly competitive and require some form of Post-Gradute Pharmaceutical study before accepting applicants.

Thusly, you should add an extra 1-3 years (Depending if you take a Masters or a Doctorates course) of study/research before you go into industry.

As for the interview, I recommend something along the lines of what JayEm said, although you should research a bit to back up your interest claims and sound more knowledgable.
    can you answer it in an intw comprehensive way like JayEm

ReputationRep:
    Nobody is going to spoon feed you.

feck even I could answer that question (dunno anything about pharm) and I want to be Chemical engineer.

ReputationRep:
    anyone williing to counter what the above post has just said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STARWARSISSICK)
    anyone williing to counter what the above post has just said?
    erm nah.

it's not even your thread.

It's START

Unless you've got 2 accounts, which is quite sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    erm nah.

it's not even your thread.

It's START

Unless you've got 2 accounts, which is quite sad.
    start is my friend?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.