Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am not liking my halls at the moment. I am being singled out by housemates/kept out.
    I'm thinking of going to a student house where I can live with 4/5 people and won't feel so overwhelmed. Is this a good idea, I mean will my current situation change? They could be equally as horrible and might not be sociable, it's a lottery so you don't know. I really need help on what I should do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzie111)
    :jumphug:
    i moved to a new hall last week because i was in the same position as you..
    it's okay but people are settled already so its still hard to fit in
    im happier though
    it might be a good idea.
    x
    That's what I thought I should do! I was thinking about moving to another hall but thought I'd be overwhelmed by the amount of people and might not fit in again. In a student house, it would be hard for you to get shut out, however, there are less people and I might not click with them. It is such a tough decision. What can I do really?

ReputationRep:
    It'd probably be better to transfer to a different hall perhaps. If there is only a few people in a student house then they might have formed quite a tight bond and so could exclude you whereas if you transfer to a new hall you have an entire new flatblock to get know, and it'll be easier as there will be more people to speak to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.