Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you still waiting for money? Are you still waiting for a decision? Do you think you have already sent in what they are asking for?

It might be worth checking your records. I have had a word or two with the Information Commissioners Office, they are they one responsible for policing the Data Protection Act 1998. It would appear that Student Finance have not been too clever, or maybe they were hoping that we wouldn't notice.

I am collecting eveidence at the moment to pass onto the Information Commissioners Office regarding a clear bearch of the Seventh Principle of the Act which covers the care with which they should treat our evidence, i.e. not losing it and asking for it again, and the timely use of such data. Think how many times have you called them and the phone message says they are dealing with evidence recieved over 8 weeks previously. I belive that this is not a timely way to deal with evidence.

What do you think?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.