Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi please can some one shead some light into this situation

Here is the basics.....

Completed a 1 Year Foundation Certificate in Computing LJMU

then ....

Completed my1st Year in Degree in Computer Studues LJMU

At the end of 1st year i withdrew from the course for personal reasons.

I am now half way through my first year at Chester Uni on a new course (3year course) waiting for my student loan etc and I rang them asking how long its going to be and they said that I am no longer entitled to my first years tuition, maint. loan and maint. grant!!!

Why didnt they tell me this before im half way through my course!!!!!

Is it true that I wont get funding for my first year?? Would maybe the fact that i did a foundation certificate change anything??? And can they not just not give me my first and second years tuition and just not give me my third years cause then i can save up for 2 years to pay it!!!

please help everytime i ring them up they say something different!!!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you have registered at your university and that they have sent off evidence of your attendance and enrolment at Chester University onto Student Finance England. Ring SFE again or reapply once you've done that. It sounds like your SFE application went a bit AWOL when you left LJMU and you didn't get re-enrolled at your new university. It doesn't sound too complex. Let SFE know what's happening with you, try not to panic and it should be alright.

Every student is entitled to a tuition fee loan which covers their fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Make sure you have registered at your university and that they have sent off evidence of your attendance and enrolment at Chester University onto Student Finance England. Ring SFE again or reapply once you've done that. It sounds like your SFE application went a bit AWOL when you left LJMU and you didn't get re-enrolled at your new university. It doesn't sound too complex. Let SFE know what's happening with you, try not to panic and it should be alright.

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes i am enrolled at chester its SFE saying that I am not entitlled as I have already had two years funding and that apparently you only get 4 years in total. So i have 2 left for my 2nd and 3rd year which mean I have to fund my first year my self!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holibo)
    Hi thanks for the reply

Yes i am enrolled at chester its SFE saying that I am not entitlled as I have already had two years funding and that apparently you only get 4 years in total. So i have 2 left for my 2nd and 3rd year which mean I have to fund my first year my self!
    Im afraid that's how it work so either get a loan from a bank or a job or drop out and save up then go back. Sadly its always the first year they wont pay since you've already had a 1st year. Is there anyone at uni you could speak to? You might be eligible for a scholarship or bursary or they might be able to help you work out how to deal with you situation.

ReputationRep:
    I think SFE are right to be honest, as you've already had 2 years funding. Not much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

Thats only true for 4 years of education. Since the OP has used two years of funding, one for the foundation and one for the year at LJMU they aren't eligible for the first year of funding at chester.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.