Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Sunday Times News Review is looking for people to comment on school reports, in light of a teacher issuing a poorly spelt and punctuated report. Do you have anything to say about your school reports and quality of teachers?

ReputationRep:
    I wish that we had comments. When I was in year 10 they scrapped teachers comments on it in favour for a piece of paper that comes home 3 times a year with things like what you are working at, what you are going to get if you work at the same standard as now, what you could get if you worked really hard, your effort, then one that takes into account whether you work independently or need more help and then if you are on target for coursework. To be honest I'd rather have a report with teachers comments on it and then teachers to tell you that other information in class every term or something so you know where you are and if there are any problems then it gets sent home to parents. I miss the uplifting comments teachers gave me and the improvements. I think one of the reports does have a tutor comment but still.

ReputationRep:
    School reports are different everywhere though. We used to get one with comments on a year, as well as 2 with just numbers from 1-5 in different areas such as effort and deadlines. It was fine.

ReputationRep:
    My mum is a department head, and she sends any report with errors on back to the teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Would any of you be willing to give me your contact details for further questions?

ReputationRep:
    My school has your target grade, what you're working at, and what you can do to improve on your report. It's pretty obvious they give the same reports to everyone and just switch the names and grades around.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.