ReputationRep:
    What does rep do?

If you get loads, or too many negs - any consequences?

Also, how many can i give per day?

Also are they the same on post as on profiles?

Thanks!

No consequences, no. It's just a visual gauge of your TSR personality. Although if you are in the red, any rep you give other people will be worth 0.

A non-sub can give 5 a day. Post and profile rep will be worth the same although you can only give one profile rep a day.

For more information, check out the FAQ: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....aq_what_is_rep

ReputationRep:
      Thanks. +1 for you

How do I check someone's reputation ?

ReputationRep:
      It's the little green rectangle next to their join date.

(Original post by RELAXED)
        Thanks. +1 for you

How do I check someone's reputation ? (Eg. mine. lol)
        To check your own total rep count, go here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/prof...stomiseyourtsr and tick the "Received Reputation" boxes for the homepage and other pages. The widget should pop up. Click "View all Recieved Rep" to view your total rep count, rep history and rep power for each received rep.

You won't be able to find out other members' total rep count, that's only available to them (and moderators). But you can see their rep power (the number they can increase/decrease another's total rep count by) - by the number of green and red gems next to their Flag, Join Date & Post count.

If they have 4 green gems, they have a rep power of +/- 4.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.