Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What exactly does this girl want? Watch

Anon please
    There's this girl who I've known and liked for around a month now. I'm pretty sure she liked me as well cos she seemed really interested in getting to know me,gave me her number, called me over to her place a couple of times with stupid excuses and we just ended up talking for a long time. I once asked her what she was doing on so-and-so day and she said, 'Nothing, but if you have something in mind, I'll keep myself free'. Also, she asked me if I'd like to come with her to this place because she didn't know how to get there. So yeah, at that point, I thought yeah she definitely likes me and I'm going to tell her I like her too.
    So yesterday, I told her that I liked her and would like to get to know her better. I didn't ask her out or ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I just said 'You know what, I like you'. She replies 'I've been told I'm not a very likeable person, so that's very flattering'. What do I do now? I just told her 'Well I think you're very likeable indeed, so what are you doing on Thursday?' She said 'Nothing, why, whats up on thursday?'. I said ' Wanna go grab a coffee?'. She hasn't replied yet.
    What I'm really confused about is she gave me a lot of signals earlier that she liked me. And now when I told her I like her(didn't ask her out), she says she's not a very likeable person and is flattered. So does she like me or not?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she does likee you! She was just flattered to hear you say that you like her

ReputationRep:
    Who knows what women are thinking

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I'm not seeing any mixed signals here. She's blates interested.

ReputationRep:
    Your problem is you've been 'beating around the bush' too much. You've spent all this time with this girl, but basically been nothing more than her 'platonic male friend'. You've been her friend for the past month, and now you're asking for advice about how you can turn this from friends into lovers and how you can 'tell her you like her'.

What you should've done is told her RIGHT FROM THE START that you were attracted to her and that you were interested in getting to know her.

The problem now is that you've painted yourself as a weak guy who is too scared to make his move and let the girl know his real intentions. All this 'beating around the bush' just makes girls think you're weak or that you just want to be friends....and then you end up just exactly that, in the 'friends zone'.

So, your only hope now is to get together with this girl face to face and tell her how you feel. Don't hold back, don't skirt around the issue. Tell her in plain English you want to date her and ask her how she feels about you. Don't let her 'string you along'. She's already strung you along by not revealing her feelings. Ask her straight up if she's interested in dating you or not, and get her to give you an answer.

If it works out with this girl, good luck. But if not, then do yourself a ****ing favour and make sure that the next girl you like you tell her STRAIGHT AWAY that you're attracted to her. Don't ever spend a month ****ing about without revealing your intentions again, or you'll just end up with a load of female friends, a lot of wasted time, and a lot of wasted emotional energy, which will just leave you angry and bitter. Better to find out right away if a girl has any romantic/sexual interest in you instead of prating about for a month or more before finding out their true feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you get friendz owned bruv.

Women are weird like that.

ReputationRep:
    She likes you, but it's either just as a friend or she's not sure she wants to make a commitment to taking the next step from 'just friends' with you. Give her time; if she doesn't give you any more signals then give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon please
    There's this girl who I've known and liked for around a month now. I'm pretty sure she liked me as well cos she seemed really interested in getting to know me,gave me her number, called me over to her place a couple of times with stupid excuses and we just ended up talking for a long time. I once asked her what she was doing on so-and-so day and she said, 'Nothing, but if you have something in mind, I'll keep myself free'. Also, she asked me if I'd like to come with her to this place because she didn't know how to get there. So yeah, at that point, I thought yeah she definitely likes me and I'm going to tell her I like her too.
    So yesterday, I told her that I liked her and would like to get to know her better. I didn't ask her out or ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I just said 'You know what, I like you'. She replies 'I've been told I'm not a very likeable person, so that's very flattering'. What do I do now? I just told her 'Well I think you're very likeable indeed, so what are you doing on Thursday?' She said 'Nothing, why, whats up on thursday?'. I said ' Wanna go grab a coffee?'. She hasn't replied yet.
    What I'm really confused about is she gave me a lot of signals earlier that she liked me. And now when I told her I like her(didn't ask her out), she says she's not a very likeable person and is flattered. So does she like me or not?
    This sounds like she's had some issues/ pain in the past...just wait it out I'd say cause she blatantly likes you,won't take too long, probably just a bit scared..

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, you're the guy from yesterday!
    To me, it sounds a bit like she did like you, but it's taken you too long...
    maybe when she invited you over, she expected you to do something and you didn't?
    But that's not useful- so..
    Why don't you ask her (in person, so you're not bombarding her with texts) to come over yours and just have a chat like you did at hers?
    Then you can organise something from there, without being too pushy. Maybe ?
    Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.