The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F.I
Well Done! If only more people are encouraged to give blood! I'm really upset I can't, oh well :frown:
I'm going to sign up for the donors list soon :biggrin:
My arm is currently 'dead', :p: all that for a check up, well lets look at the positives, I know i need to improve my diet :p:
Are you a regular donor?

Aw, you are welcome here anytime!

Oh oops, bit of misunderstanding, I haven't given blood yet planning to when I can though as it's such a small thing to do but it could save somebody's life! I went with a friend just after we'd both turned 17 but it turned out I was *just* under the weight limit so I've been eating steadily (that's my excuse for the 3 BLT sandwiches I've consumed today and I haven't even had dinner yet) :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 841
Original post by Jing_jing
Oh oops, bit of misunderstanding, I haven't given blood yet planning to when I can though as it's such a small thing to do but it could save somebody's life! I went with a friend just after we'd both turned 17 but it turned out I was *just* under the weight limit so I've been eating steadily (that's my excuse for the 3 BLT sandwiches I've consumed today and I haven't even had dinner yet) :tongue:

:yy: Yeah, I need to improve my diet too, bye bye caffeine and pain au chocolat :frown:
Original post by F.I
:yy: Yeah, I need to improve my diet too, bye bye caffeine and pain au chocolat :frown:

Ah our school deli does homemade pain au chocolats and you can always smell them baking in the period before break! It's painful! Heh, I'm one of those strange people who don't like the taste of coffee :biggrin:
Reply 843
Original post by Jing_jing
Ah our school deli does homemade pain au chocolats and you can always smell them baking in the period before break! It's painful! Heh, I'm one of those strange people who don't like the taste of coffee :biggrin:

:coma: I'm dying for some now :p:

Oh I HATE COFFEE TOO! *snap*, i can't tolerate a sip, i was referring to the heap loads of tea i drink. Apparently, I need to swap tea for orange juice...:frown:
Original post by F.I

Oh I HATE COFFEE TOO! *snap*, i can't tolerate a sip, i was referring to the heap loads of tea i drink. Apparently, I need to swap tea for orange juice...:frown:

My stomach just rumbled at me despite the fact I've fed it a ridiculous amount today. Hmmm, I'd love some Mr Kipling cakes too...

:laugh: My friends think I'm absolutely crazy for not liking the drink! Ah, I drink a lot of green tea so I'm okay. Apparently orange juice has a ridiculous amount of sugar in it though! Like a bit of mango and passionfruit myself :tongue: Smoothies :love:
Reply 845
Original post by F.I

Sorry to barge in (currently waiting for Imperial to get back to me), but orange juice is amazing :biggrin:
Reply 846
Original post by Hannah Park
I just got my offer, which was a 5 on AP Calculus and 4s on everything else except U.S. Gov. In UK terms, that would be something like a ABBB.

I got mine through too now, AAB :biggrin: Pretty happy TBH as I've seen a few AAA offers around here...

Are you from the US then if you're doing AP's?
Original post by flisshg
I got mine through too now, AAB :biggrin: Pretty happy TBH as I've seen a few AAA offers around here...

Are you from the US then if you're doing AP's?

Long story short, I am a Korean living in Taiwan going to a bilingual school that uses the American curriculum xD I did live in California for a short time back in elementary school though.

Are you going to the open day? Care to spy for me :wink: ? (I've been to Imperial before though, for summer camp)
Reply 848
Is anybody else worried about how much Imperial will cost?
My mum thinks if I leave home to go to uni, I should be financially independent from her, therefore she isn't paying for anything :/
Reply 849
Original post by Dark-Myth
Is anybody else worried about how much Imperial will cost?
My mum thinks if I leave home to go to uni, I should be financially independent from her, therefore she isn't paying for anything :/

Imperial costs no more than any other London university, and those London costs are factored into student loans. It does seem a bit harsh that your mum has stated outright that she won't help, but when it comes to you returning at the end of term, I wouldn't be surprised if she offered you some monetary help.

I'm going to have made my way through college with money 'left-over' (not taking into account the ~£36,000 fees. I've not had to go into my overdraft and it's not as if I've not been going out or actually spending any money.

It's not as bad as people make out.
Original post by Cyco
Imperial costs no more than any other London university, and those London costs are factored into student loans. It does seem a bit harsh that your mum has stated outright that she won't help, but when it comes to you returning at the end of term, I wouldn't be surprised if she offered you some monetary help.

I'm going to have made my way through college with money 'left-over' (not taking into account the ~£36,000 fees. I've not had to go into my overdraft and it's not as if I've not been going out or actually spending any money.

They no longer give larger grants to people studying in London, and people might struggle living there on the 4k loan (or 3k loan + 3k grant) alone.
Reply 851
Original post by freefrag
They no longer give larger grants to people studying in London, and people might struggle living there on the 4k loan (or 3k loan + 3k grant) alone.

O RLY?
Must have missed it when it was new news - oops.
Reply 852
Original post by freefrag

Oh I didn't know that. Must've missed it.

To be honest, I think the loan is just about enough for me. I'm pretty good at budgeting and I'm happy to settle for the most basic accommodation. I think for a lot of people suddenly worrying about money will come as a bit of a shock. Especially in the first few weeks when everyone is so excited about being away from home and being at uni that they spend ridiculous amounts on going out.
Reply 853
Just firmed Imperial for Physics :biggrin:

Can't wait to get exams out the way now o.O
Reply 854
Original post by lbanez

Good luck! What's your offer?

EDIT: Oh wait, I just saw your other post. Am I the only one with a 2A* Physics offer? o_o
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lbanez

Listing you. Firmer's thread is in my sig :wink: Well done!
Reply 856
Well, I think I just got a KFC part time job. Pay ain't great, but it'll go towards next year. Good enough for me :smile:
Hopefully, I also get some bursary from imperial. Just got an email from them telling me I'm eligible :smile:
Original post by Cyco

tbh, I heard UCL is slightly cheaper. £100 for a single room catered. At Imperial, it won't get you catered. So it's little costs like that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 857
Is there anyone still waiting for the admission result (like me)......?
Reply 858
Original post by Dark-Myth
Well, I think I just got a KFC part time job. Pay ain't great, but it'll go towards next year. Good enough for me :smile:
Hopefully, I also get some bursary from imperial. Just got an email from them telling me I'm eligible :smile:

tbh, I heard UCL is slightly cheaper. £100 for a single room catered. At Imperial, it won't get you catered. So it's little costs like that.

True, for your first year, Halls are more expensive at Imperial, but once you've moved out of Halls, everything cost-wise is down to you, so you can find cheap places if you think you might run out of money, or go nearer to get some nicer places. It's nothing to do with college at that point - all London students are in the same expensive boat.
Reply 859
Original post by Hannah Park
Long story short, I am a Korean living in Taiwan going to a bilingual school that uses the American curriculum xD I did live in California for a short time back in elementary school though.

Are you going to the open day? Care to spy for me :wink: ? (I've been to Imperial before though, for summer camp)

Oh right, that's, umm, different! I think I’ve seen your profile somewhere else, are you on the yougo further site by any chance?

I did go to the open day, pretty amazing to be honest. There was a taster lecture session and the guy who took it was the best lecturer I have ever seen. There was a tour of the campus as well and our guide took us to one of the bio labs; all new with plasma screens and projectors!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending