Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why do they have to lop so much off when they promised they wouldn't?! I have pretty healthy hair so they can't say they were getting rid of split ends. Seriously I was like; 'just take off like half and inch from the front, and 2 inches off the back' ended up with so little hair that I might as well have asked for a grade 1 all over!!
    What are your haircut horror stories? And any advice on how to speed up hair growth?!! x

ReputationRep:
    You asked for two inches. That is quite a bit of hair.
    About this much

[---------------------------]

I just put a ruler on the screen to measure that xD
    I think it was your bad instructions in this case. You turned shoulder length hair to pixie / bob length.

If you want to make your hair grow longer and quicker, wash it often and have it trimmed often. And next time, ask for an inch.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I wanted 2 inches off the back, to make it a more graduated bob and half an inch off the front. She was the mean one, who robbed me of my locks!

ReputationRep:
    Complain?

ReputationRep:
    Same sort of thing happens to me =/

ReputationRep:
    I once showed a photo from a magazine to the hairdresser of what I wanted, to ensure she cut it exactly how I wanted. When I asked 'do you want it with the fringe?' I said 'Yes please' and watched in horror as she chopped a massive blunt fringe straight across my forehead. The photo had a tiny side fringe. *****.

ReputationRep:
    They did this to my boyfriend. I really loved his hair but it was getting in his eyes, he asked for a couple of cm of the back and an inch or so on his fringe, but now it's kinda short all over D:

ReputationRep:
    I told mine 'NOT too short', which he interpreted to be like chin length.

Nearly 2 years ago and I'm still traumatised. Sleepness nights it gave me. Sleepless nights. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I told mine 'NOT too short', which he interpreted to be like chin length.

Nearly 2 years ago and I'm still traumatised. Sleepness nights it gave me. Sleepless nights. :emo:
    What does not too short mean though?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, its happened to me on more than one occasion.

'Keep the fringe long and swept to the side, just take a few cms off and tidy it up' is not an invitation to be creative

ReputationRep:
    With a short haircut and hair that grows fast I've actually had the opposite problem with some hairdressers, but I guess I'm in the minority......

ReputationRep:
    I used to always ask for a inch off and ended up with about 3 inches taken off :mad:

After changing hairdressers about 10 times i've finally found one that doesnt butcher my hair

ReputationRep:
    I have short hair, so every cm counts with me. When it's cut too short I just back comb it a bit and I find it helps.

ReputationRep:
    This is why it's worth spending a fair amount of money to get sexy haircuts.

I'm still trying to grow my hair back 5 years later after going to a hairdresser recommended by my mum. Never again.

ReputationRep:
    I have that problem, but with layers. Every hairdresser seems to cut really short layers into my hair, even when I tell them not to. I hate layers in my hair, and it takes ages to grow them out.

I've found a salon where they do what I ask them, though. They aren't very chatty but I've moaned enough about my other haircuts that they know I'll freak if they cut layers in. Lol. So I always go there now.

ReputationRep:
    Find a new hairdresser...

I have used the same hairdresser all my life i must be honest, i mean she is a great stylist, hairdresser and just brillaint at all hair in general whether its for male or female. I have had the problem you said about twice with her, just twice on seperate occasions she got a little carried away with how much she was getting rid of. Not sure why, hasn't happened since

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.