Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what would you do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if there was this guy who was awesome, witty, funny intelligent. basically, EVerything that a girl wants, BUT is fat, would you not date him?

Same for the guys, what is she was everything you want, except she is fat.?

cos in the end, a fat person can be a amazing but a skinny ***** will remain a ***** regardless.- quoted my friend who loves a fat girl, and he's actually helping her loose her weight because shes beginning to have health issues. CUTE
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My husband is 32 stone. I love him for who he is, despite his weight. He's having bariatric surgery in May - can't wait till then. It's not about what he physically looks like that makes me dislike his weight, it's his mobility problems. It really causes problems for us as a family; he can't play with the kids, we can't go for walks, he can't do just about anything really....

but that doesn't mean I don't love him!

Can't wait for his surgery (though it's a bit scary!) I just want us to be able to do things together that we can't do now because of his weight.

ReputationRep:
    What if one of the characteristics that you look for in a person is being 'active'?

Now, just clearing up what you mean by the definition 'fat', I assume you mean an unhealthy weight, most likely caused due to an unbalanced lifestyle. Hopefully we aren't using the word 'fat' in the really vain sense of the word and therefore considering it in more of a general medical description rather than aesthetic (e.g. someone's body type may be suitable for their sport, say rugby or hammer throwing, and therefore don't have the stick-thin image but they are probably much healthier than the twigs).

If we're talking 'fat' in the first sense of the word, then there is good evidence that her personality isn't "everything I want" since she is most likely lacking that 'active' trait.
    If you talking 'fat' in the purely aesthetic meaning, well then, I couldn't give two-hoots about bodyshape because she is passionate about her sport and that - to me - is more important than trying to use a woman for 'arm candy' purposes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swordedstone)
    Same for the guys, what is she was everything you want, except she is fat.?
    then she wouldn't be everything i want, simply i wouldn't be attracted to her (this obviously depends on how fat but i'm assuming the worst)

Im going to come across as shallow (thus why im going anon on this) but no.
    Im not looking for Mr. Fittest-body-you'll-ever-see but I want someone who cares about his looks like I do with mine. Diets and exercise are not fun most of the time but if I go through it, it's only fair that the other person goes through it as well.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.