ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone
    Im applying to :
    Derby
    Durham
    Aston
    Plymouth
    Warwick
    Which one is the best?I have applied to history and politics.Still haven't received any offers:rolleyes
    What are the Plymouth and Derby like?What about night life and chances of getting part time job ?

ReputationRep:
    Durham or Warwick, probably Durham

ReputationRep:
    and what about Plymouth???

Better for what?

ReputationRep:
    Durham and Warwick are the ones that strike me as notable from that list.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    There look to be a huge range of prestige in those universities. Sorry, I don't know much about Derby, Aston or Plymouth, but both Durham and Warwick are top 5/ top 10 universities depending on which rankings you believe, whereas I'm guessing the other three are top 40/50... I happen to be applying to Durham myself, so may be prone to bias, but I think it is better than Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick's the best performer league-table wise, but you'd be hard pushed to get a cigarette paper between Warwick and Durham.

Aston is a very good uni - small and not terribly well-known, but with a good reputation and a great employment record.

Derby and Plymouth are former polytechnics and as such likely to attract less academically-minded applicants, and have less demanding entry requirements. Either one might be a safe insurance choice, and Devon and Derbyshire are beautiful counties.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.