Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...id=49362431266

So, announcement for next year coming on Monday (same day as 2nd Download announcement) . I have no idea who could be playing this year, any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh exciting, will have to keep a look out. I hope I can scramble enough moneys together to go!
    Not sure who can beat Rammstein though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I need to start saving as I want to go to both Download and Sonisphere!

They really do need someone amazing to top Rammstein though, they were fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    They will have difficulty swaying me with System at Download! But I'll be waiting for the announcement anyway

ReputationRep:
    My money's on Ozzy. I haven't been to Soni before and I kind of hope their line-up sucks as I can't afford to go to both that and Download.

ReputationRep:
    Ozzy is possibly, his o2 gig was run by the same people that did Soni I think! Logically, I probably can't afford both, but for me Soni has a better atmosphere and is closer/cheaper to get to. Do have a great time at Download too, so i'll just have to save!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou815)
    Ozzy is possibly, his o2 gig was run by the same people that did Soni I think! Logically, I probably can't afford both, but for me Soni has a better atmosphere and is closer/cheaper to get to. Do have a great time at Download too, so i'll just have to save!
    For me Knebworth is a ******* to get to. Donnington on the other hand... Easy. Although I do harbour some serious hatred for the staff at East Midlands Parkway.

ReputationRep:
    Soni better be good, I'm still kicking myself for missing out on last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    For me Knebworth is a ******* to get to. Donnington on the other hand... Easy. Although I do harbour some serious hatred for the staff at East Midlands Parkway.
    Thankfully never been EMP! Always go to Derby.

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Soni better be good, I'm still kicking myself for missing out on last year!
    How comes you missed last year? And i'm sure it'll be great this year!

ReputationRep:
    Hope it's a good one, not sure whether Rammstein and Maiden can be beaten though! Hopefully I'll be able to afford a ticket this year, if not I'll work it again

ReputationRep:
    What was it like working there?

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully never been EMP! Always go to Derby.
    !
    Well it's just an average train station HOWEVER I missed my train on the way back because the shuttle bus got stuck in traffic. I had an advance ticket so they wouldn't let me on the next train and I only had £25 and no debit card. I eventually haggled the price down from £75 to £25 just to London. They were meant to be nice to me, I was under 18!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's just an average train station HOWEVER I missed my train on the way back because the shuttle bus got stuck in traffic. I had an advance ticket so they wouldn't let me on the next train and I only had £25 and no debit card. I eventually haggled the price down from £75 to £25 just to London. They were meant to be nice to me, I was under 18!
    Eek! You would have thought that they would account for things like that! Especially with the change in where the shuttle bus departs from last year! Thankfully not had that problem as we don't get advanced. We travel to see a friend in Grimsby after DL and it's cheaper to buy tickets on the day than advance for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    Eek! You would have thought that they would account for things like that! Especially with the change in where the shuttle bus departs from last year! Thankfully not had that problem as we don't get advanced. We travel to see a friend in Grimsby after DL and it's cheaper to buy tickets on the day than advance for some reason!
    Oh yeh, I forgot to mention I had no phone battery so I couldn't alert my folks
    I got advanced because it was a lot cheaper! Also I have a feeling I had to book a seat on the Kings Cross St. Pancras - East Midlands Parkway.
    I'm surprised it's cheaper to buy on the day...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh, I forgot to mention I had no phone battery so I couldn't alert my folks
    I got advanced because it was a lot cheaper! Also I have a feeling I had to book a seat on the Kings Cross St. Pancras - East Midlands Parkway.
    I'm surprised it's cheaper to buy on the day...
    That's no fun at all! Glad you managed to haggle it though, would have been cruel otherwise =/
    I can only imagine what it's like going back, if we have to go straight back to London next year, will be booking wayyyyy in advance! Soni is thankfully the same whether you book it in advance or not!
    So was I, I mean, it was cheaper by about a fiver a ticket, but it meant an extra £5 and not having to worry about keeping my return ticket safe

ReputationRep:
    That's no fun at all! Glad you managed to haggle it though, would have been cruel otherwise =/
    I can only imagine what it's like going back, if we have to go straight back to London next year, will be booking wayyyyy in advance! Soni is thankfully the same whether you book it in advance or not!
    So was I, I mean, it was cheaper by about a fiver a ticket, but it meant an extra £5 and not having to worry about keeping my return ticket safe
    I had my 16-25 railcard on me and I asked for a ticket just back to London. Southeastern is really laid back so I assumed that my advanced ticket would still work. It did .
    I think I'm just going to get a ticket at the time because I just don't want to risk it again. But then again, I'll have more time this year. I was actually trying to get back in time for school in '09...
    Yeh that's a good deal then.

ReputationRep:
    I had my 16-25 railcard on me and I asked for a ticket just back to London. Southeastern is really laid back so I assumed that my advanced ticket would still work. It did .
    I think I'm just going to get a ticket at the time because I just don't want to risk it again. But then again, I'll have more time this year. I was actually trying to get back in time for school in '09...
    Yeh that's a good deal then.
    Ahhh good ol' railcard! I miss mine, tempted to get another while I can still use them.
    You'd probably be ok with advanced, though a bit of a warning. Their system for getting people on to coaches/buses/taxies back to the stations last year were ermm, well a nightmare. I left the same time in 09 and 10, 09 I waited for no more than half hour. This year I waited for 2.5 hours. And I was one of the lucky ones. Guessing this time around school shouldn't be an issue?
    I'm worried that if I have exams, they'll clash.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh good ol' railcard! I miss mine, tempted to get another while I can still use them.
    You'd probably be ok with advanced, though a bit of a warning. Their system for getting people on to coaches/buses/taxies back to the stations last year were ermm, well a nightmare. I left the same time in 09 and 10, 09 I waited for no more than half hour. This year I waited for 2.5 hours. And I was one of the lucky ones. Guessing this time around school shouldn't be an issue?
    I'm worried that if I have exams, they'll clash.
    It's been a good friend to me. I qualify for a Disabled Person's railcard so when my 3 years run out I'm so getting that.
    Hmm that's sounds like a bit of a problem... I don't have school no more I'm on a gap year.
    Let's hope that's not the case. It definitely won't be for Soni.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Joey Jordison has made some comments about Slipknot working together next year. Corey Taylor has responded with this:
    Before anyone gets the wrong idea, let me be clear. I have NO PLANS to make a new Slipknot album any time soon. Shows? Maybe. Album? No.
    Stone Sour's final tour date at the moment is in March, making summer festivals for Slipknot quite possible...

ReputationRep:
    It's been a good friend to me. I qualify for a Disabled Person's railcard so when my 3 years run out I'm so getting that.
    Hmm that's sounds like a bit of a problem... I don't have school no more I'm on a gap year.
    Let's hope that's not the case. It definitely won't be for Soni.
    Problem is i'd only use it for festivals and on rare occasions, going to see my dad. I've been trying to work out if it's worth it.
    I'm hoping it'll be ok, i'll find a way to work round it! But i'll have Soni at least

(Original post by hobo06)
    Apparently Joey Jordison has made some comments about Slipknot working together next year. Corey Taylor has responded with this:

Stone Sour's final tour date at the moment is in March, making summer festivals for Slipknot quite possible...
    lol, didn't see this on here, replied on the DL thread instead!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.