Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unemployed - 'you must provide evidence of how you support yourself financially'? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently unemployed and living with my parents whilst I jobseek. They are supporting me until I find a job.

I am not claiming benefits and don't intend to unless I'm desperate. I'm hoping I'll get a job pretty soon.

As I am neither working nor claiming benefits, the Student Loan Company have written to me demanding that I 'provide evidence of how you support yourself financially' within 28 days or incur a fine added to my loan :mad:

I am not really sure how I provide evidence that my parents are supporting me? They aren't giving me any money - just paying the bills and letting me eat their food.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them I live with my parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Just tell them I live with my parents
    don't i need evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninat)
    don't i need evidence?
    Presumably your parents can write a written statement that A) you are their child and B) you live with them and they support you financially. If they don't accept this, tell them what kind of bloody evidence they want because I don't see any other way.

Other than that maybe show them your tax return (if you have one) to prove you aren't in employment.

ReputationRep:
    Letters from parents would be acceptable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.