Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically from a young age ive always wanted to do architecture as it combines the art with the sciences, so i specifically chose my GCSEs and A levels around it, and even decided the university i wanted to go to. But around the end of A level, I looked at my work and the way architects work and it really seemed completely different. Theyre so structured and neat whereas im quite loose, but ive always wanted to do it. Thats one of the main reasons I chose to do a foundation so I could find out, but im still confused. Then at a London convention that I went to there was a stall called: I want to be a Landscape architect, of which I spoke with the guy for 10 minutes and he was telling me how its much looser than architecture and I really looked at it positively. So I did research on it, and the university ask for around 230 points or so, and my dad would definetely not like it if i went as he would want me to aim higher, as would I to be honest. He really is annoying me as are all my uncles about having to be in a TOP 15 UNI *so delusional*!! And then there's the personal statement, which this time last year all my friends had finished and applied, and i cant even start it when i dont know what i want to do. Its really stressing me out, also looking at the portfolio's for architecture just makes me more unsure.

Just incase some more info:
    12 GCSEs, including Maths/English/Science + Additional/Art
    3 A levels, Art/Maths/Chemistry (320 points)
    Prediction for my Foundation is Distinction (285 points)
    I work quite loose and experimental at the moment, Fine art like....

This is all really doing my head in,
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibanW)
    Basically from a young age ive always wanted to do architecture as it combines the art with the sciences, so i specifically chose my GCSEs and A levels around it, and even decided the university i wanted to go to. But around the end of A level, I looked at my work and the way architects work and it really seemed completely different. Theyre so structured and neat whereas im quite loose, but ive always wanted to do it. Thats one of the main reasons I chose to do a foundation so I could find out, but im still confused. Then at a London convention that I went to there was a stall called: I want to be a Landscape architect, of which I spoke with the guy for 10 minutes and he was telling me how its much looser than architecture and I really looked at it positively. So I did research on it, and the university ask for around 230 points or so, and my dad would definetely not like it if i went as he would want me to aim higher, as would I to be honest. He really is annoying me as are all my uncles about having to be in a TOP 15 UNI *so delusional*!! And then there's the personal statement, which this time last year all my friends had finished and applied, and i cant even start it when i dont know what i want to do. Its really stressing me out, also looking at the portfolio's for architecture just makes me more unsure.

Just incase some more info:
    12 GCSEs, including Maths/English/Science + Additional/Art
    3 A levels, Art/Maths/Chemistry (320 points)
    Prediction for my Foundation is Distinction (285 points)
    I work quite loose and experimental at the moment, Fine art like....

This is all really doing my head in,
    Thank you
    The division between different disciplines are really becoming thinner and thinner and maybe demonstarting fine art quality in your portfolio will work in your favour. Thats just my thought, if your style of art is the only thing worrying you dont see it as a negative but as a unique quality but if your questioning whether you will enjoy studying architecture then thats a different story.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.