Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'v been going to the gym for about 2months now, but only started training seriously about a month ago. When I first began I was 65/66kg, now I'm floating around 69/70kg.

My friends who first saw me go to the gym have said I've gotten bigger. But when I look in the mirror I do not notice a difference.

How long do you guys think it'll be until I actually see significant changes in my body.

ReputationRep:
    It's not particularly easy to 'see changes' in your body shape/muscle size, since you probably see them every day (or multiple times depending on your vanity). That's why a lot of people do a 'before and after' photo or take certain measurements.

You tend not to really notice it unless you bump into someone you haven't seen for a little while/visit family and they say something.

Oh and when your favourite t-shirt starts to get a little tight around the arms - that's always a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threepigs)
    Hey guys, I'v been going to the gym for about 2months now, but only started training seriously about a month ago. When I first began I was 65/66kg, now I'm floating around 69/70kg.

My friends who first saw me go to the gym have said I've gotten bigger. But when I look in the mirror I do not notice a difference.

How long do you guys think it'll be until I actually see significant changes in my body.
    When you get to 80kg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leetz)
    When you get to 80kg.
    This tbh, I've gone from about 65 to 78 and I was not really noticing big differences until quite recently, though some of my gains have been fat too lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've been going to the gym for about 2 months now, and been burning 500 calories on the bike around 5 days a week. I spend around 30 minutes on building muscle, a different muscle group everyday. I used to weigh 68kg at 6 foot tall, and 2 months later...still 68kg. I haven't lost, nor gained weight. After saying that though, I have noticed after I eat, my belly doesn't look as bloated, even though I eat pretty much the same foods as I did before I started going to the gym (a pretty good diet on the whole).

Could the muscle I gained be compensating for the fat I lost?

ReputationRep:
    Muscle weighs more than fat, so I would assume that it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.