The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Anne*UK*06
Uh, I'm so sorry :redface: I thought Chester was a male name. I used to take care of a dog who was called Chester and he was a boy :biggrin:

LOL! You are most probably correct - Chester is the horse I ride!
See !!! And it was the dog I walked :biggrin: lol
Anne*UK*06
:eek: Might have to wait that long here, too :p: Although I hope not :wink:

At least Nottingham's own track is up, which is sorta cool :biggrin: lol It says my app is currently being looked at by the admissions tutor and that it averagely takes 60 days for them to get back to you. It also says the average score for a current American Studies student there is 404 points :eek: lol I really don't think I'll get in now lol

what!?? i'm scared now. i don't want to know what the average student got. it will destroy all my hopes. :frown:
Reply 103
The average Durham Maths student has 530 points I seem to remember. I don't think they'll be offering me somehow.
ssmoose
The average Durham Maths student has 530 points I seem to remember. I don't think they'll be offering me somehow.

what!????

how did you find that out?
Reply 105
Is it possible to get those points? :confused:

seriously?
I dunno. AAAA equals 480, I think. So it is possible ... I have no idea how they will rate foreig qualifications. And it's insane because it says the average for just about every subject on Nottingham's website and apparently they're all above 400, except for engineering, which is like 380, if I remember correctly. I might have wasted a chouice right there lol. Thank God I am prepared to be rejected so I'll take it easy. Or at least not as hard :p:
Reply 107
yeah it;s possible i have 690. but basically a fluke lol
i saw average points scores like that an was like wtf? i'm not sure if they're correct...
It says so on their site. I don't get it either, especially since their requirements for American Studies are ABc-BBB and yet they say an average student has 414 points. Pha.

What are you studying and where ?? Your points are scary :eek: lol
Reply 109
lol, why do my uni courses say nothing about average tariff points. hmm.
Bdarnell
lol, why do my uni courses say nothing about average tariff points. hmm.

Most "top" unis make offers based on grades not points. You'll be able to know the average entry points, but they won't really make offers based on those. For example for Cambridge average is 510 points and around 500 for Oxford.
(If I get my A's at the end of the year I'll have 580 points :biggrin:)
Reply 111
Anne*UK*06
It says so on their site. I don't get it either, especially since their requirements for American Studies are ABc-BBB and yet they say an average student has 414 points. Pha.

What are you studying and where ?? Your points are scary :eek: lol

Oh I've finished now, I have:

A-levels (A grade):
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths

AS-level Art grade B

and Distinction in Biology AEA
I mean where are you going to uni :wink:?
Reply 113
oh lol! that makes a lot more sense!
Biology @ bristol, sussex, southampton, UCL, exeter, and cambridge
I'm sure you'll get into Cambridge :biggrin: lol
Reply 115
lol i'm not so sure!
LOL Good luck anyway :biggrin: !!Altough I'm sure you, out of all people, don't need it. Unless you're REALLY dodgy at interviews :p: lol
Reply 117
thanks :smile: LOL i wouldn't say I'm really dodgy at interviews! (at least i hope not lol) where are you applyin and what for? hmm this thread has turned into our personal conversation lol
Yeah, never mind :p: I'm going off to bed now so I'll stop hijacking it :biggrin: Choices are in my sig lol. Nothing top notch like you :p: LOL

Good night !!
Argh, sig didn't show :rolleyes: Here they are again :p:

Winchester for American Studies
Nottingham for American Studies
Canterbury Christ Church for American Studies and Social Science
Plymouth for American Studies with Popular Culture
Roehampton for Journalism and Sociology
Kingston for Journalism with Sociology

Latest

Trending

Trending