The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
'I-love-life'

Ironyyyyyy.
Reply 21
Original post by DanielleT192
Just read the above.
Then what is the reason your dad is so outraged? Surely there must be something that caused all this havoc?

MY parents are muslim, they are against the whole bf/gf thing
Reply 22
Original post by mc1000
'I-love-life'

Ironyyyyyy.

I wana change my username to I fcking hate myt life, fml...don't think i can change it :frown:
Ignore all the douchebags in this thread. I can see how awful this must have been. At the end of the day, it's your life, not your parents'. I know that they're your parents and that it's hard to say negative things about them, after everything they've done for you... but when it comes to your partner, they should accept and be happy for you that you've found someone who makes you happy. How long had you been together? If your boyfriend will take you back and you think he's worth it, I'd put up a fight :smile:

I'm not Muslim, but in our culture we call elders uncle too. People can be so ignorant.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
How the **** can you remember all of that word for word?

I can't even remember what thread I was just posting on before this one.

Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two.

According to Miller.
Reply 25
Original post by wolfspirit
Ignore all the douchebags in this thread. I can see how awful this must have been. At the end of the day, it's your life, not your parents'. I know that they're your parents and that it's hard to say negative things about them, after everything they've done for you... but when it comes to your partner, they should accept and be happy for you that you've found someone who makes you happy. How long had you been together? If your boyfriend will take you back and you think he's worth it, I'd put up a fight :smile:

I'm not Muslim, but in our culture we call elders uncle too. People can be so ignorant.

hey thanks for being nice :smile: we've bn together for two years now, my bf will take me back, it's not lyk we wanted to break up, my dad wanted us to, we had no problems and everything was perfect before this :frown: honestly my bf is the only person who gets me and makes me happy. no one understands me lyk him, he is everything that ive ever wanted and now ive lost him bcoz of my dad, i know my bf will do something. my cousin came over to my house, she goes to the same school as my bf's...she told me that my bf is getting his parents to come to my house to talk to my dad, his parents are more understanding and they knew about us from day one, so hopefully they can fix this mess :frown:
Stop making separate threads about every individual incident that occurs in your life.
Original post by I-love-life
MY parents are muslim, they are against the whole bf/gf thing

then how the hell did they get together?? and why dont they want you to be happy??
Reply 28
Original post by Jellybean91
then how the hell did they get together?? and why dont they want you to be happy??

arrange marriage!!!!! i don't know why :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by Blueflare
Stop making separate threads about every individual incident that occurs in your life.

im sure lots of other ppl make threads abt ****s happening in their lives but they jus go anon!!! btw u dont have to click on it and read it,,,its not hard is it
That was the worst story I've ever read, and I've read the whole Sweet Valley High series.
hey thanks for being nice :smile: we've bn together for two years now, my bf will take me back, it's not lyk we wanted to break up, my dad wanted us to, we had no problems and everything was perfect before this :frown: honestly my bf is the only person who gets me and makes me happy. no one understands me lyk him, he is everything that ive ever wanted and now ive lost him bcoz of my dad, i know my bf will do something. my cousin came over to my house, she goes to the same school as my bf's...she told me that my bf is getting his parents to come to my house to talk to my dad, his parents are more understanding and they knew about us from day one, so hopefully they can fix this mess :frown:

Hey, remember when you were talking about this sick party that you want to go to but you couldn't because you were revising so much?

Now, do you remember when you said the guy you like was going to be there?

Funny how that thread was a couple of weeks ago and that you've been with your bf for 2 years, isn't it?
arrange marriage!!!!! i don't know why :frown:

if they thought he was a nice guy before, why does this suddenly mean as soon as they find out that you two are together they freak out?
and im sorry, i mean no disrespect to your religion, but you should be able to marry whoever you want and love, not have your parents choose the rest of your life for you!
Reply 33
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
How the **** can you remember all of that word for word?

I can't even remember what thread I was just posting on before this one.

Me neither, it's called addiction :p:
Reply 34
Don't listen to the other idiots. I understand what you meant.

Anyway, if I were you, I would've walked out by now. But then again, I am bias (since I've done it already). I'd give it a week or two to settle down and then if your dad can't see sense then I'd think very carefully about your next move. You obviously love him and your dad shouldn't be standing in the way of that.
Reply 35
Original post by ritchie888
Hey, remember when you were talking about this sick party that you want to go to but you couldn't because you were revising so much?

Now, do you remember when you said the guy you like was going to be there?

Funny how that thread was a couple of weeks ago and that you've been with your bf for 2 years, isn't it?

yes i do remember, and if u look at that thread it does say the guy that i used to lyk and wanted to go to the party to show off my bf to this guy, since i had a thing with him in da past before i got with my bf, i know it is funny how ur life can change so much in jus two weeks :frown:
Reply 36
If your dad is not going to change his decision and you want to be with him, do the typical paki/asian thing :biggrin: runaway and get married :wink:
like 'Shay' in 'THE FAMILY' lol
Reply 37
Are you not even considering seeing him behind your dads back? I thought that would be the obvious thing to do.
See the break-up in a positive light. You were crying, your boyfriend pleaded sincerely - as far as your dad is concerned it's over. If you had faked it and pre-planned a fake break-up it probably would have been obvious.

He'll probably be a little suspicious of you now, but you can find a way. I know plenty of girls and guys who do that. Muslim and non-Muslim.
(edited 13 years ago)
Can you not just continue to see your boyfriend, without your parents knowing?

Or, move in with your boyfriend or a friend?
firstly you need to contact your bf and let him know you still want to be together you just need to sort things with your dad and then maybe write your dad a letter explaining that your sorry for disrespecting him etc but you love this boy and really want to be with him- to the point youd marry to make it more respectable etc and then give your dad some time to come round and behave well for a bit to convince him?

Latest

Trending

Trending