ReputationRep:
    is it
    very homophobic
    quite homophobic
    mixed
    not very homophobic
    hardly any homophobia
    could you please say your city/town state/county and country
    like mine would be not very homophobic,london england.

also did any of you find people to be less homophobic when people leave year11 and go to college sixth form.i did lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgold17)
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    round my house, not at all. other places in the city, pretty homophobic.

milton keynes, england

ReputationRep:
    I love homos

No homo.

edit: :rofl: at people negging haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    round my house, not at all. other places in the city, pretty homophobic.

milton keynes, england
    i thought milton keynes was quite liberal.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know..... Don't hear about anything in the news, but even if I did, I wouldn't trust it anyway. Guess you have to be either gay or homophobic to know the answer to such a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I love homos

No homo.
    lol good1

ReputationRep:
    I dont think that such a level of political thought has developed yet in Milton Keynes, I mean they only discovered fire last Friday..........

ReputationRep:
    is it
    very homophobic
    quite homophobic
    mixed
    not very homophobic
    hardly any homophobia

also did any of you find people to be less homophobic when people leave year11 and go to college sixth form.i did lol.
    Depends how indepth you want to look at it. You can't generalise the entirety of London as 'not very homophobic'/ Some areas are extremely gay friendly, some areas are about average, and some areas will see you thoroughly beaten if you were to outwardly express homosexuality.

I strongly suspect that is true of pretty much everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    literally depends what bits of it you're in.

i'd say its the richer areas which are most homo-friendly (no idea how else to describe it) and the poorer run down areas that are more homophobic.

or at least thats how it appeared to me judging from peoples views at school/cadets

ReputationRep:
    i only know the attitudes amongst young people really :/
    and no not at all....surrey...

and definitely more people came out in sixth form...though im not sure if people's attitudes had changed or not. there werent that many openly gay people in secondary school

ReputationRep:
    Hardly any homophobia (Brighton)... Gay capital of the UK in fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    literally depends what bits of it you're in.

i'd say its the richer areas which are most homo-friendly (no idea how else to describe it) and the poorer run down areas that are more homophobic.

or at least thats how it appeared to me judging from peoples views at school/cadets
    yea like i said though peoples views can change a bit when they leave school.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect in Britain you will find that most areas will have some people who are homophobic rather than specific areas of the country being homophobic as Britian isn't quite as polarised as America where you do find areas are more homophobic than others

ReputationRep:
    Very homophobic. People stare when they see girls or guys holding hands, never seen a kissing gay couple around... Well, you can actually get stabbed here for saying you're gay. Recently one guy who was reportedly gay has been killed here. Awful area.

ReputationRep:
    my gay friend moved into a flat in this horrible place full of idiots (it's sort of supervised housing, i suppose. he moved there because he's 16 and got kicked out of his house. they put young'uns and drug dealers in their mostly) and people wrote fag all over his door and constantly threaten to kill him. it's a bit mental, but that's the only homophobia i've seen here. despite that, i'd say there's very little in general around here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moqo)
    Very homophobic. People stare when they see girls or guys holding hands, never seen a kissing gay couple around... Well, you can actually get stabbed here for saying you're gay. Recently one guy who was reportedly gay has been killed here. Awful area.
    where do you live

ReputationRep:
    In my immediate area (borough), it's really rather homophobic. It's mostly very religious African families, so it's almost as if being homophobic is perfectly acceptable around here. However, my city (London) is possibly one of the most un-homophobic places. So there you go.

ReputationRep:
    In my area people we pull out the glock if you show you're a fan of the ****.

ReputationRep:
    is it
    very homophobic
    quite homophobic
    mixed
    not very homophobic
    hardly any homophobia

quite... homosexuals have to identity themselves in my town by wearing a pink scarf around thier neck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.