Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you met a burglar 9 in your house? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello mortals.

Recenly my friend was walking home, and while he was just outside of his house he heard the sound of smashing glass. He walked out of his driveway and saw two burglars run out of his house as fast as they could.

They had nearly gained entry to his house with a hammer by sashing a window. They left when they heard him coming and thankfully there was no confrontation.

This left me wondering however, imagine if a burglar confronted/threatened/ or tried to hit you, what would you do?

Would you physically attack him? Comply with all his demands? Just scream?

I would opt for phyiscally attacking him however this would probably have many legal repercussions...

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    scream, cry and run away.
    better grow some balls before i try to join the police bahahahaaa.

ReputationRep:
    Save me, Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz)
    scream, cry and run away.
    better grow some balls before i try to join the police bahahahaaa.
    Do you get handcuffs :sexface: ?

ReputationRep:
    get my 5 iron.

ReputationRep:
    Nunchaku.

ReputationRep:
    A story of mine :

House got burgled, one was attempted... and there was a perfect circle cut in the window, so we called the police and the dumbass officer said it was a football, my mum willingly agreed, but I overheard and said " wtf a football will not cause a perfect circle like that " she soon shut up....

Two months later in the middle of the night, and it was about 4am, I heard a sort of loud bang, which was quite unusual, but I was so tired and you know when you just don't give a **** or think I'm just dreaming, well when I woke up 2 laptops where gone + my mp3 player ( lol ), I then realised that bang was the burglar literally breaking the window of its hinges ( Its not double glazing ¬¬ ), my mum said did I hear anything and well I said no... hmmm

Not exactly a face to face encounter, but the thought of a burglar in your house just walking about whilst everyones sleeping is creepy, had I got up I'd have punched him, fly-kicked him...and no I'm not saying it to sound brave, it's a spur of the moment thing fight or flight. Or I'd keep quiet and attack like a ninja.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if someone got in my room here, first I would scream. I like to think that I would then pick up my lamp and smash it over the mother****er's head, but I don't know if I actually would. I'm more likely to just cower in the corner.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take my sword and attack them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.