Chemistry or French

If I do IB I will do

Economics HL
    Spanish HL
    Chemistry/French/Physcology HL

Maths SL
    English SL
    Chemistry/French/Physcology SL

Which do you think would be best to take if I plan to go to one of the Russel group universities? Which do you think will be the most prefered one in 2013?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by max25)
    If I take A Levels I will do

Maths
    Economics
    Spanish
    Chemistry or French

If I do IB I will do

Economics HL
    Spanish HL
    Chemistry/French/Physcology HL

Maths SL
    English SL
    Chemistry/French/Physcology SL

Which do you think would be best to take if I plan to go to one of the Russel group universities? Which do you think will be the most prefered one in 2013?
    What do you want to do at uni? Oh, and you mean psychology right?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure what I want to do at uni at all!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by max25)
    I am not sure what I want to do at uni at all!!
    I sympathise with you, I was in the same plight two years ago. I ended up doing A-Levels, although I wanted to do IB, in the end I had no choice. Can't really make a comment on IB, except for the fact that my friends who are doing it seem to be struggling this year (Year 13). A-Levels are fine, doable for everyone. Instead of thinking about A-Level/IB, try to decide what you want to do at university. Not everyone knows by this stage, but it helps a great deal in terms of deciding subject combinations. Maths, Spanish, Chemistry and Economics are all good subjects, but the combination seems a little random. Try to look at different courses and make a decision ASAP. Hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue for what I want to take at uni, and therefore I am trying to keep my options open, and I want to do the qualification in which will get me to the better university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by max25)
    I have no clue for what I want to take at uni, and therefore I am trying to keep my options open, and I want to do the qualification in which will get me to the better university
    You can get into 'better' universities with both of them, I currently have offers from LSE and UCL and an interview with Oxford via A-Levels. What matters is, firstly, getting good grades and, secondly and possibly more importantly, having a passion for your subject that comes through in your personal statement, a vital part of your application. Hence why it is best to decide a subject now. If you cannot, then at least aim for a vague area which you want to move into in university.

Although I'm wondering: if you don't know what you want to do, why are you sure that university is the right option?

ReputationRep:
    i definately want to go to university!! i am just unsure of what I want to take there
    If I were to go into the financial sector, what do you think I should take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by max25)
    i definately want to go to university!! i am just unsure of what I want to take there
    If I were to go into the financial sector, what do you think I should take?
    Okay, learn to quote (one of the orange buttons near the bottom of each message), otherwise most people will ignore your messages. Finance. Hmmm. Economics, Maths, Further Maths and anything else academic would be a safe bet. But you really need to sit down and think about what you want to do at uni, then make an informed decision about what subjects to do at Sixth Form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Okay, learn to quote (one of the orange buttons near the bottom of each message), otherwise most people will ignore your messages. Finance. Hmmm. Economics, Maths, Further Maths and anything else academic would be a safe bet. But you really need to sit down and think about what you want to do at uni, then make an informed decision about what subjects to do at Sixth Form.

haha thanks man!!

is further maths very challenging?

I am also thinking of perhaps doing international finance
    so which would be good subjects for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by max25)
    haha thanks man!!

is further maths very challenging?

I am also thinking of perhaps doing international finance
    so which would be good subjects for that?
    I don't do it, but I'm struggling with normal Maths and I've heard Further Maths is hell from people who like Maths and are very good at it. Um, I'm guessing Maths, Economics, a language maybe, not too sure though... Surely someone at your school can help you with this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.