Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how do you get your braces to come off quicker? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? As I want them off asap!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    well thats helpful:L

Get artificial teeth put in.

Straight ones.

ReputationRep:
      keep them on, dont eat foods that are sticky or will stick on to braces. no chewing gums, all these slow up the process, keep them in for however long your dentist says, dont be a fool and have them off quickly and then your teeth move back to their original position, which is double trouble!

ReputationRep:
      Wire cutters and pliers. Although your orthodontist will probably have a fit.

But really, it probably isn't a good idea to try and rush them. Just keep thinking of how lovely your smile will be once you're finally done.

ReputationRep:
      how does chewing gum slow down the process?

You can get them taken off whenever you want, you can go now and tell your orthodontist to remove them. He is obliged to remove them if you ask so.

I wouldn't recommend it though. How effective braces are depends on how long they're in. It may seem obvious but if you take them out before you ge the desired effect, you won't get the desired effect.

So I would just man them out.

ReputationRep:
      STICK IT OUT! i just had mine taken off today after 16 months and i swear im soo pleased i didnt get them taken off prematurely! Trust me i had days like you. i bet everyone has. But believe me it's so woth it, my teeth are now probly one of the things i love about myself most. Iv'e had people who have called me "brace face" countless times but there faces now when i smile. I swear its the best feeling in the world! Anyone with any doubt about baces should look at the eventual outcomes before doing anything dastic!
      Soo worth it, cant stop smiling!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.