Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Serious help needed!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a GCSE history controlled assesment, and the question is how far did weaponry and tactics development in 1914-1918?

What structure should I use for this? Would it work to go through each weapon and tactics development and then at the end conclude how far they changed?

In terms of tactics though, I do not know how to say they change!! as most of the time completely different tactics just came about.. without development

Also, I have been told to include sources within it, and evalutate them.... how am I supposed to do that!!! And what kind of sources should I use?

THANKS SO MUCH IF YOU HELP!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a History controlled assesment too, but my question is 'How has the war in Afghanistan effected current views towards terrorim today' Or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    I think by development it'll be things like how horses for charges weren't used so much, planes and tanks took on bigger roles etc. I'd probably to different tactics (if you have enough for 4/5 paragraphs) and then talk about how weapon development aided these.

As for the sources, the general rule is to start wih a source in your paragraph (but still with a clear paragraph 'heading' in the first line), link it to another source (agree/disagree), and then add some own knowledge and arguement, still trying to pop some quotes in as well as saying how reliable they are - good for explaining why sources disagree. They generally require some imagination and always found that once I got into it I started to enjoy it, but it is hard to start with.

Ask your teacher for some practice questions, 1 or 2 should do it, have a go, and then ask for your teacher to mark them and give you some feedback - that's the best way to see what needs to be done as then you can also see what your doing right. I'm sure you'll be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.