Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have taken a Gap year out and applied to uni for the 2011 start. I have received unconditional offers from Loughborough and UEA (East Anglia) for Politics and International Relations. I have been to both open days and couldn't make my mind up! Which Uni is better, which city, which nightlife etc.

Help!

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    east anglia!
    nearer the city centre...
    ranked higher for politics and does really well in all the student surveys (:
    however... loughborough is also a very good uni and has amazing sports facilicies

but check out the courses also - you may find you prefer one more than the other
    its all down to personal preference i suppose (:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd go with East Anglia. I was considering applying to Loughborough for International Relations but for me, it's too orientated around sports and it's a bit of a sausage-fest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Personally, I'd go with East Anglia. I was considering applying to Loughborough for International Relations but for me, it's too orientated around sports and it's a bit of a sausage-fest
    It really isn't too sports orientated or a sausage fest :confused: and that's coming from a girl. You don't have to play sports if you don't want to. Most people do not play sports!

Personally I really like Loughborough as it is a campus uni and in the cold weather it has been great knowing your warm room is 5-10 mins away it also has a great student union

I got into UEA too last year and have no regrets AT ALL. However if I were you I would look at each of the degrees and their selection of modules and the ratio of coursework/exams and decide what you prefer - mine is all coursework basically and I like it that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    It really isn't too sports orientated or a sausage fest :confused: and that's coming from a girl. You don't have to play sports if you don't want to. Most people do not play sports!

Personally I really like Loughborough as it is a campus uni and in the cold weather it has been great knowing your warm room is 5-10 mins away it also has a great student union

I got into UEA too last year and have no regrets AT ALL. However if I were you I would look at each of the degrees and their selection of modules and the ratio of coursework/exams and decide what you prefer - mine is all coursework basically and I like it that way.
    Of course you don't have any regrets .... because it's a sausage fest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.