Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm a guy and I went to Toni and Guy to get a certain haircut and some styling (hence me going to Toni and Guy). Instead the girl just cut my hair all over with a little wax! :mad: I could have gone to a bargain basement barber for that and not paid £40 there. She didn't even even out the hairs like a barber would have done.

Now the problem is that she cut it all short meaning it's too short for the haircut I wanted. It's 2 to 2 1/2 inches all over and looks awful. Too, too chavy! Is it worth me going back to another Toni and Guy with a receipt (and the original picture) and asking them to salvage it?

How long would it take to get back to 3/4 inches +? Are extensions possible?

ReputationRep:
    This is just a guess, have never actually done it, but for the price you paid you'd think they'd sort it out for you if you weren't happy with it.
    I wouldn't really recommend extensions (if you can get them that short..?), shouldn't take too long to grow back so not worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willturnerpoc)
    Well I'm a guy and I went to Toni and Guy to get a certain haircut and some styling (hence me going to Toni and Guy). Instead the girl just cut my hair all over with a little wax! :mad: I could have gone to a bargain basement barber for that and not paid £40 there. She didn't even even out the hairs like a barber would have done.

Now the problem is that she cut it all short meaning it's too short for the haircut I wanted. It's 2 to 2 1/2 inches all over and looks awful. Too, too chavy! Is it worth me going back to another Toni and Guy with a receipt (and the original picture) and asking them to salvage it?

How long would it take to get back to 3/4 inches +? Are extensions possible?
    How specific were you with your instructions? I went to Toni and Guy for a haircut and dye yesterday, and I told the lady cutting my hair how I wanted everything, both style and length, in quite some detail. Also, it's best to remind them what you want with each section of hair (fringe, back, sides etc) as they are about to cut it, just to make sure they do it. It can sound patronising or controlling, but it gets you the hair you want.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it looks fine.

Next time don't waste your money getting your hair styled when you could have the exact same thing done for half the price at a normal barbers. Lol, extensions. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    It won't take too long to grow back, don't worry about it. Until then, I dunno, wear a hat? :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.