Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Obsessed with a celebrity relationship and it's getting me down Watch

Hi I would like this to remain anonymous please.

I'm not going to say who he is, and I'm hoping that no one is able to catch me out.

I've just become so "consumed" with their relationship because it's been on the news so much lately, and everyone is talking about it, so there's no way of 'escaping' from it.

His ex-wife has been doing interviews and claiming all of this stuff (that he was still in love with her) but he's not here to agree or deny anything because he's dead.

I have never cared this much about any other 'celebrity' figure, other than him. And I am so incredibly jealous that this woman was able to spend time with him; that she got so close to him up to the point where I get angry when people put words in his mouth and are like "I think she's telling the truth. X was still in love with her". I mean, how can you come to that decision without him being here to confirm it?

So I've basically just been wondering whether he died 'heartbroken' as in, still in love with his ex-wife but she wouldn't take him back. It really upsets and hurts me deeply to think of my idol going through that. I can't bear the idea of someone so kind, loving, beautiful, talented etc enduring all of that pain (amongst a whole load of other **** he had to endure during his time on earth). I know he was human, I have accepted that; but it's just difficult to cope with all of this pent up anger/jealousy I feel for his ex-wife who is out there trying to make money from his death.

Should I just stop reading anything with her (his ex-wife's) name on it? As soon as I sign into like yahoo, she's on the front page and I just want to... kill her. She was not worthy of him. She abandoned him and has only come out of the woodworks now, after his death so she can cash in. It's really frustrating because I'd been a fan of him since I was like, 4. And I enjoy basking in the idea of him having moved on from this ex-wife and he did date other women.

How do I get over all of this? Is it okay to feel this way, though? This angry/jealous?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Just get over it and stop reading about it. Quite frankly you are being extremely pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    Just get over it and stop reading about it. Quite frankly you are being extremely pathetic
    this

ReputationRep:
    I find it odd that people like you exist.

ReputationRep:
    Heath Ledger?

To be honest, you just have to remind yourself that you are not involved, and the media is making money out of the pain the family and individuals involved has gone through.

Find something else to think about.

ReputationRep:
    wtf? seriously? just stop reading news about it!

ReputationRep:
    I think the only solution for people like you is a lobotomy!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HGAVBcacKN...0/joker+blog+5

ReputationRep:
    who is it?

ReputationRep:
    You're a loon.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that people are just going to rip you to shreds, or will only care about who the celebrity is?

I'm going to give you some advice, because it's not healthy. Do not read anything that features this person's ex wife. Try and find other things to occupy your mind with and stop thinking about this relationship. Whenever it comes into your mind, think about something else. It's really, really not worth obsessing over, whatever is the case, there's nothing you can do about it, he's dead, it's over. Move on. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Fool.

Oh crap he died? I take it back.

ReputationRep:
    Put the trashy magazines down and oncentrate on your own life?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.