Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep getting 2.2's. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I am in my first year, first term and I am getting increasingly concerned that all my homework I hand in I keep coming back with a 2.2 bar one I got a low 2.1 on. But I am questioning now if I am actually good enough for university any more?
    Sorry just feel a bit down.

ReputationRep:
    2.2 is brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Do more reading and work outside of the lessons to improve on any aspects you're not good with. And also maybe look at improving the presentation of written work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    2.2 is brilliant!
    :curious:

OP, go talk to your tutors. What types of homework? For essays, write a plan and show that plan to your tutor, they'll rip it apart if it's bad and tell you where to improve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)

OP, go talk to your tutors. What types of homework? For essays, write a plan and show that plan to your tutor, they'll rip it apart if it's bad and tell you where to improve it.
    2.2 is good! At least it isn't a fail!

OP, have you read the book 'how to get a first?'. that is quite good, gives some good guidance on what you can do to make your work better. but good luck

ReputationRep:
    2.2 is brilliant!
    Are you being serious?

ReputationRep:

OP, have you read the book 'how to get a first?'. that is quite good, gives some good guidance on what you can do to make your work better. but good luck
    What are you talking about? It's good (not brilliant now?) because it's not a fail?

Well, suppose I got a D at A level. Is that 'brilliant'? At least it wasn't a U.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

We don't just do essays, we do maths also.
    Yeah I don't know, what to do really?

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about? It's good (not brilliant now?) because it's not a fail?

Well, suppose I got a D at A level. Is that 'brilliant'? At least it wasn't a U.. :facepalm:
    Goodness me you're touchy!! 2.2's are good/brilliant/fantastic for the first few months at university! Things can only get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    Well I am in my first year, first term and I am getting increasingly concerned that all my homework I hand in I keep coming back with a 2.2 bar one I got a low 2.1 on. But I am questioning now if I am actually good enough for university any more?
    Sorry just feel a bit down.
    Also, have you asked for any feedback? That may help you see how you can improve further.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being serious?
    Fair enough, if you don't think it is good. I'd be pleased to get 2.2's Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    2.2 is weak. Step yo' game up son.

ReputationRep:
    Goodness me you're touchy!! 2.2's are good/brilliant/fantastic for the first few months at university! Things can only get better
    Firstly, the words aren't synonymous. Good and brilliant are not the same.

Secondly, if you'd be content with a 2.2 you probably shouldn't bother going to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, the words aren't synonymous. Good and brilliant are not the same.

Secondly, if you'd be content with a 2.2 you probably shouldn't bother going to uni.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    We don't just do essays, we do maths also.
    Yeah I don't know, what to do really?
    Oh.

Sorry, I only know about Arts subjects..

Talk to your tutor anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The main thing you can do is ask for some feedback on the work that you're doing. What course are you doing? If it's a case of you getting questions wrong, then you need to do more practice. If it's a case of your presentation, etc, then again, just ask for some feedback on what you can do to improve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2nd_slip)
    2.2 is weak. Step yo' game up son.
    Cheers mate, I am trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    The main thing you can do is ask for some feedback on the work that you're doing. What course are you doing? If it's a case of you getting questions wrong, then you need to do more practice. If it's a case of your presentation, etc, then again, just ask for some feedback on what you can do to improve.
    Economics, so I do everything from writing essays to maths to analysis etc. I am asking for feedback my essays are getting a lot better now. Just grrrrrr so frustrating although I have been talking to other people and they seem to be getting 2.2's and very low 2.1's also?
    Just give this term up like only another week after this. Revise hard over xmas and really go for it in the spring term onwards. I mean I don't know just feel a bit lost.

ReputationRep:
    Oh.

Sorry, I only know about Arts subjects..

Talk to your tutor anyway.
    Saying what exactly?
    Yeah, I feel like I am thick. Help me

ReputationRep:

How Patronising. A 2.2 is NOT good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.