Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I have just joined the forum

I have applied for university entry 2011 and I feel like Im really confused about my degree course choice. I want to study either Early childhood studies or Education studies, but I dont know which to choose from?

Early childhood studies method of assessment are a mixture of coursework and exams, but Education is 100% coursework. I prefer coursework. I just wish there were taster sessions to get a real insight into the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sometimes)
    Hi everyone!

I have just joined the forum

I have applied for university entry 2011 and I feel like Im really confused about my degree course choice. I want to study either Early childhood studies or Education studies, but I dont know which to choose from?

Early childhood studies method of assessment are a mixture of coursework and exams, but Education is 100% coursework. I prefer coursework. I just wish there were taster sessions to get a real insight into the course.
    Hi, I have applied for exactly the same, a mix of ECS and Educational studies. Where did you apply?

I think with the method of assesment even if ECS is exams it'll be a fairly high proportion of coursework. I would look more at the course content and also think what do you want to do eventually?

I am looking at primary teaching mainly, and so education would probably be better but ECS is just as good and you can get onto a PCGE with is, as long as you ensure you pick the education modules on the optional sections.
    I am also interested in child psychology, charity advisor, play therapy and social work and so childhood studies is a better option in terms of this.

I think also look at the universities for the different courses as at the end of the day you want to be happy with more than just the courses.

So cool that we are doing such similar things! thought I was the only person stuck between the two! have u got any offers yet?
    Once u get offers through you should get invites to department days which may have taster sessions which will help!

ReputationRep:
    I have completed my UCAS application two weeks ago though my form tutor only just completed my reference last week friday.

I have applied for BA Education Studies @ UEL, Greenwich, Bedfordshire, Middlesex and Hertfordshire (this one with early years). Basically, these universitys accept qualifications of 2 A-levels or equivalents and must be 200 UCAS which is my target.

Where did you apply for your degree? Did you get any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Is there likely that interviews will take place if applying for an Educational degree course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.