Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sick of these demanding students Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes it will great if universities were free like the old days, but guess what, only 5% went so the country could cope with it.

Now over 40% are going to university, mostly thanks to making a levels easy so tom,**** and harry can all go and waste tax payers money, doing mickey mouse degrees and getting drunk and have one night stands.

You student all want a world class universities and yet you don't want to pay for your share.

countries across the world are building billion pound universities while the UK is falling behind due to lack of founds.
    Top top nobel prize lectures are all going to the USA because they pay more!

The goverment can not build billion pound universities with tax papers money!

University is not a birth right!

I am not rich, but I am happying to pay £9000 a year, its a lot cheaper than USA!
    I hate the way university is done on the cheap in the UK.

Stop complaining and pay for what you use!

We need to compare to USA!
    Why should the great UK universities be 2nd best??
    UK lead the way in university education and we should try and be number one again!

next 10 years people like you will be complaining that UK degrees are not respected as much any more...boo hoo hoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physics2011)
    Yes it will great if universities were free like the old days, but guess what, only 5% went so the country could cope with it.

Now over 40% are going to university, mostly thanks to making a levels easy so tom,**** and harry can all go and waste tax payers money, doing mickey mose degrees and getting drunk and have one night stands.

You student all want a world class universities and yet you don't want to pay for your share.

countries across the world are building billion pound universities while the UK is falling behind due to lack of founds.

The goverment can not build billion pound universities with tax paper[']s money!

I am not rich, but I am happying to pay £9000 a year, it[']s a lot cheaper than USA!

Come back and tell us we're all stupid when you learn to spell and use grammar.

ReputationRep:
    I agree completely.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the US comment. It is cheaper than their PRIVATE universities yes. But more expensive than their PUBLIC ones. Surely we should be comparing our PUBLIC universities to their public ones, and not their private ones?

In any case, even their public ones gets an awful lot more funding than our public unis do. Surely if we want world class unis we should be increasing their funding?

Then why are we cutting funding to unis by 80%? All that is going to to is make our world standing even worse.
    Don't be mislead. Universities will not get any more money from the new system than what they get now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, damn those hard to find founds! How ironically they're named.

ReputationRep:
    Moron... university is not done on the cheap in the UK.

On the contrary, universities in the UK will be the most expensive public universities in the world. Other EU countries manage to send a larger % of school leavers to university and maintain a world-class education system without burdening students with a lifetimes worth of debt - why can't we? No other western European country is cutting the education budget as hard as us, in fact, the majority are raising it.

The simple truth is the politicians and the baby-boomers benefited from free education and as a result have become the wealthiest generation ever. Now they have decided they are not willing to extend the same privileges to our generation and are drawing up the ladder.

ReputationRep:

Now over 40% are going to university, mostly thanks to making a levels easy so tom,**** and harry can all go and waste tax payers money, doing mickey mouse degrees and getting drunk and have one night stands.

I am not rich, but I am happying to pay £9000 a year, its a lot cheaper than USA!

Which one are you, OP?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)

In fact, universities in the UK will be the most expensive public universities in the world. Other EU countries manage to send a larger % of school leavers to university and maintain a world-class education system without burdening students with a lifetimes worth of debt - why can't we?
    May I ask how many top 10 world uni's are in Europe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    I am the one who is doing a physics degree!
    Come back when you can do a real degree you loser!

ReputationRep:

no offence but you got raped by these replies.

ReputationRep:

On the contrary, universities in the UK will be the most expensive public universities in the world. Other EU countries manage to send a larger % of school leavers to university and maintain a world-class education system without burdening students with a lifetimes worth of debt - why can't we? No other western European country is cutting the education budget as hard as us, in fact, the majority are raising it.

The simple truth is the politicians and the baby-boomers benefited from free education and as a result have become the wealthiest generation ever. Now they have decided they are not willing to extend the same privileges to our generation and are drawing up the ladder.
    Its not done on the cheap? you fool, you only pay about 3000
    USA the top universities you have to pay 35,000 doller!

Get your facts right, the UK is going down if it does not get money!

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST! ON A CHEAP BUDGET!

ReputationRep:

Not true, only Germany and France said they were thinking about raising it, most are cutting, a few are freezing bugets. Fact is most of Europe is making cuts to their public sector including university funding.

The new scheme is better than the current scheme as nobody pays anything upfront, only when they graduate and get a job that pays over £21k, even then repayments will be lower than they are now for most students, the higher paid graduates will pay a bit more. Other solution is to cut the number of places drastically so that only around 10% of school leavers got the opportunity which I think is more unfair and worse for the economy.

ReputationRep:
    Its not done on the cheap? you fool, you only pay about 3000
    USA the top universities you have to pay 35,000 doller!

Get your facts right, the UK is going down if it does not get money!

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST! ON A CHEAP BUDGET!
    Except the US unis that charge that amount are private. Ours are PUBLIC.
    Plus, this increase in fees WILL NOT give UK unis more money. It will just replace the money being cut from government funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    May I ask how many top 10 world uni's are in Europe?
    This is an excellent point, one I have not seen made by anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    How pointless! What's the point in being nitpicky like that when he's made a lot of valid points? If you don't agree with him, try responding to those instead of picking on spelling mistakes. It's easy to makes typos if you're trying to get all your ideas out at once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Except the US unis that charge that amount are private. Ours are PUBLIC.
    Plus, this increase in fees WILL NOT give UK unis more money. It will just replace the money being cut from government funding.
    our public universites will fall behind! if it can not keep up with rest of the world.
    UK universities are not as great as they used to be 50 years ago.
    They are stuck in the past! held back, run on the cheap!

ReputationRep:
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    our public universites will fall behind! if it can not keep up with rest of the world.
    UK universities are not as great as they used to be 50 years ago.
    They are stuck in the past! held back, run on the cheap!
    I agree that our unis are not funded enough. Which is why we should be INCREASING their funding, and not decreasing it.

ReputationRep:

not really good UK unis tend to be more respected than their european counterparts- hence so many come over here to study- the way i heard it phrased by one of these people once was "a german education is valid in germany, an english one is valid all over the world"

ReputationRep:
    What Mickey Mouse degree are you doing OP? Why are you happy to spend £9,000 a year getting drunk and having one night stands? :eyeball:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.