Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Embarassing swimming Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I do a lot of swimming and take it quite seriously. So I wear hat, goggles and swimming trunks (like speedos). Basically this girl in my seminar group saw me and recognised me and said hi . Now I am worried she's going to tell the rest of the group and I will be outcasted.

ReputationRep:
    lose the speedo's :P but seriously, tell em to stick it, i'm sure unles she's a proper ***** she wont say anything, and if she does, just ignore it, it will pass over lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrunkenMaster)
    Basically I do a lot of swimming and take it quite seriously. So I wear hat, goggles and swimming trunks (like speedos). Basically this girl in my seminar group saw me and recognised me and said hi . Now I am worried she's going to tell the rest of the group and I will be outcasted.
    You're worried she's going to tell her friends what, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    If I saw you in that, I'd just assume you were serious about your swimming. Nothing to laugh about. Put it this way, I don't think Speedos (or budgie smugglers as I like to call em) are suitable for say lounging around on the beach, but for serious swimming they're not too bad. As long as you are under the age of 40

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully your group of people is not so shallow that they would 'outcast' you because you wear a hat and speedo's. Honestly laugh it off if they try tease you about it. Be cooool

ReputationRep:
    Speedo's are dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Speedo's, eh? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    lol just say im a serious swimmer.. if you look at swimmers in the Olympics they're doing the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean 'Speedos' as in shorts which go down to just above your knees and stick to your skin tight or...? Not that it matters, I don't think you'd look like an idiot but then again, what do I know :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If she was nice enough to say hi, she probably won't say anything. If you are doing competitive swimming then speedos (or some other variety) + hat are a must.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Hopefully your group of people is not so shallow that they would 'outcast' you because you wear a hat and speedo's. Honestly laugh it off if they try tease you about it. Be cooool
    This!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I would say anything to anyone if I were this girl. So, you take your sport serious, and? That's totally okay, it's completely up to you, and well, if you need speedos etc. than it's fine. Don't worry that much. I think she won't say anything, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTJ)
    You're worried she's going to tell her friends what, exactly?
    Yeah lol, what can she say? ''I saw him swimming and he was wearing funny swimming clothes''?

ReputationRep:
    if they make a fuss of it, or if she even tells them, then they are far too immature for you to even care what they think! swim if you want to!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, who wears speedos for swimming? For training dragshorts are a must and for racing a pair of LZR Jammers...

ReputationRep:
    I now have an image of the OP curled up into a ball, sobbing on the floor of the pool changing rooms worrying about the seminar girl revealing his dirty secret (which is wearing speedos and swimming accessories :confused: ).

ReputationRep:
    Swimming is so embarrassing, I think I'd die of shame if anyone saw me swimming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    Yeah lol, what can she say? ''I saw him swimming and he was wearing funny swimming clothes''?
    I think it might have something to do with his penis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.