Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    THE SITUATION: I sent my completed application off (having selected fee code 01) and my college sent it back to me telling me to change it to fee code 02.

    MY ISSUE: Thing is, my grand-dad has agreed to pay for my full degree so i won't be in any debt when i graduate.

    1. So do i select fee code 01 or 02?

    2. Also, will paying for it in this way mean that he will have to pay yearly or the full amount for 3 years altogether in one go?

    3. Also, will not taking out a loan mean that i will be prevented from receiving any grants/bursaries?

    1. if you do not want to take a loan, select 01
    2. it depends on the uni and on you (or our grand-dad) - but I would say it is usually paid in yearly payments. If you worry about the fee rise in next years, worry not, you pay the tuition fee that was set for the year you enroled for the whole duration of your course
    3. it generally does - one is only eligible for most of the grants/bursaries if they applied for the loan
    • PS Reviewer

    02, as you are still partially subsidised by the government. 01 means you want to pay international fees of over £10k a year

    Its still 02 to get the subsidy from your local council
    • PS Helper


    I'm pretty sure you can get grants even if you don't go for the loan though.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.