THE SITUATION: I sent my completed application off (having selected fee code 01) and my college sent it back to me telling me to change it to fee code 02.
MY ISSUE: Thing is, my grand-dad has agreed to pay for my full degree so i won't be in any debt when i graduate.
1. So do i select fee code 01 or 02?
2. Also, will paying for it in this way mean that he will have to pay yearly or the full amount for 3 years altogether in one go?
3. Also, will not taking out a loan mean that i will be prevented from receiving any grants/bursaries?
help!... Fee Code 01 or 02? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 01-12-2010 18:28
- 01-12-2010 18:55
1. if you do not want to take a loan, select 01
2. it depends on the uni and on you (or our grand-dad) - but I would say it is usually paid in yearly payments. If you worry about the fee rise in next years, worry not, you pay the tuition fee that was set for the year you enroled for the whole duration of your course
3. it generally does - one is only eligible for most of the grants/bursaries if they applied for the loan
- PS Reviewer
- 01-12-2010 19:45
02, as you are still partially subsidised by the government. 01 means you want to pay international fees of over £10k a year
- 01-12-2010 19:48
Its still 02 to get the subsidy from your local council
- PS Helper
- 01-12-2010 20:18
I'm pretty sure you can get grants even if you don't go for the loan though.