Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 film thread - What are you hyped for? Hotly anticipate films? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well 2010 is nearly over, 30 days to go till the year's officially at it's end and if you follow previews and upcoming film news you will probably already have a list of what films you think look really good, be it sequels, prequels or completely original films..

http://www.comingsoon.net/ - A really good preview and review site for some really good upcoming films, focuses on comic book films as well as films of pretty much all other genres

for me

(July '11)
    The Dark Knight Rises
    . Yeah... don't even need to say why I want to watch this film, again directed by Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale's reprises his role, says it will be his last as Batman though : /

Transformers 3 - The Dark of the Moon
    . I'm a huge fan of Michael Bays' transformers flicks, they're visually amazing, storyline may be lacking and they're cliche bla bla bla but they're still great blockbusters and good filmgoing experiences, hyped for the 3rd for sure

Captain America (2011? July 22 '11)
    . Great marvel character, interesting backstory so I'll be expecting it highly buut will it really come out in 2011? not to sure if it will but we'll have to see *Edit I wasn't sure about it coming out next year because I haven't seen any teasers or seen that much info / news on it but it seems like it definetely will, no delays or anything

The Green Lantern (June '11)
    . TGL getting his own film! that is so cool, I always thought this character in particular from marvel had an interesting story, was complex and was a generally awesome and well, film worthy oh and wow I forgot to mention Ryan Reynolds, such an a good actor imo, he's funny and his delivery is usually on point, as well as Blake Lively. Who is super hot

Thor (Apr '11 I think... or May)
    . Fairly anticipating this, it's always for new characters and storylines from marvel to get feature length films and it sets the way for the Avengers which will just be epic

Sucker Punch (March '11)
    . Loooks really good visually, it's a creative and original idea and has a fairly talented cast, Van Hudg and Emily Browning <3 whom I love

Scream 4 (Apr' 11)
    . Kind of a weird idea to make a sequel to scream 3 so many years later but the cast is really good, got some really talented actors in it, Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere and Neve Campbells' back as the main protagonist, the trailer looked pretty good actually. I like the idea of them making some new twist to the series and changing it up a little

Zombieland 2 (sometime in 2011?)
    . Loved Z-land, like Jesse Eisenbergs' acting and the story was fairly original and really drew you in, the ending of the first one was pretty open and so begged for a sequel

My list is gonna get fleshed out in the next few weeks, as more trailers and news of 2011 films come out but at the moment, that's kind of it. I'll probably add some more as I'll be looking into some more previews

The Dark Knight Rises isn't coming out in 2011.

Great year ahead.
    • Apollo 18 - looks like a good horror.
    • Source Code - man keeps replaying the same event. Good concept, good execution?
    • Super 8 - looks very promising. Abrams is great.
    • Battle: Los Angeles - looks amazing.
    • Sucker Punch - pure fantasy, stylish, action flick. Looks fun.
    • Cowboys & Aliens - Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, it has aliens and cowboys. Win.
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - last HP film, Battle of Hogwarts and the end of years of films. Really looking forward to it.
    • Fast Five - just for being a decent action film
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - just for being a decent action film
    • Transformers: Dark of the Moon - just for being a good action film
    • Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - M.I. films have always been good action films so I'm looking forward to it.
    • Red Riding Hood - not too sure on this one.
    • The Hangover: Part II - the first Hangover didn't actually make me laugh out loud, but I still really enjoyed it.
    • Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom - loved the first one.
    • X-Men: First Class - looks promising
    • Immortals - Clash of the Titans was a disappointment. This is another film with a good budget based on Greek Mythology. Can never get enough Greek mythology.
    • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - loved the first one. Thought Jude Law and RDJ were great. Looking forward to this one and some more Moriarty.
    • Johnny English Reborn - Found the first one funny.
    • Your Highness - seems a bit cheesy but worth going to for the cast.
    • Cars 2 - loved the first one.
    • Winnie the Pooh - childhood factor.

And those are just the films that stand out at first glance, plenty of other unmentioned films that look really good too.

ReputationRep:
    The last harry potter movie.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't The Hobbit coming out in 2011? If so then that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The Dark Knight Rises isn't coming out in 2011.
    don't Jinx it :/ I'm sure it will

why don't you think it is? 3 years between each Batman film for Christopher Nolan has been his standard

ReputationRep:
    Green Lantern :woohoo:

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    don't Jinx it :/ I'm sure it will

why don't you think it is? 3 years between each Batman film for Christopher Nolan has been his standard
    Because shooting begins in April 2011.

In April 2010, Warner Bros. announced the film will be released on July 20, 2012: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...?refCatId=1009

(Original post by Einheri)
    Isn't The Hobbit coming out in 2011? If so then that.
    Initially but after all the development trouble, the likely release date is Winter 2012 or later.

ReputationRep:
    The green hornet <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Because shooting begins in April 2011.

In April 2010, Warner Bros. announced the film will be released on July 20, 2012: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...?refCatId=1009
    ah balls... thought it was slated for release in 2011 :|

You think Captain America will make it for release next year too? I still kinda doubt that

Green Latern is from DC mate... that just needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Green Latern is from DC mate... that just needs to be said.
    yeah, knew that of course... I confuse myself on forums sometimes

No, I'm not retarded

Summer 2011 is going to be good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to pirates of the caribbean on stranger tides in may 2011

ReputationRep:
    And before anyone mentions Breaking Dawn Part 1.... *facepalm, not too sure about Pirates of the carribean 4 either, hope it will be good but I doubt they even need this sequel

Jonny English Reborn

ReputationRep:
    Super 8. Fin.

Oh you want more?

127 Hours
    Black Swan
    Source Code
    Apollo 18
    Cowboys vs Aliens
    Battle: Los Angeles
    Tintin
    New Mission Impossible
    The Adjustment Bureau
    Paul
    Sucker Punch
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    War Horse
    Area 51

There's several other films that have potential, but without knowing more I can't say I'm too interested. Very hyped about Adjustment Bureau and Super 8 though.

ReputationRep:
    Trailer for The Tempest

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/miramax/thetempest/ - looks pretty good, check out Djimon Honsous' racial ambiguity there! that is some realistic looking makeup and Lol juts at Russel Brand being in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Green Lantern :woohoo:

I dunno. Looks like it is going to be another Catwoman, without Halle Berry gesticulating in leather :erm:

ReputationRep:
    The new Bourne movie , if there is one, I've heard rumours but yeah if it comes out then thats what I'm looking forward to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.