Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I adopted specialty in Business Management University Aston University, Lancaster University, University of Leeds and Nottingham University. I am an international student and I can not personally attend universities. Interested in the possibility of finding work in their spare time and how you feel on campus. I would be grateful of any feedback from people who are already there. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Campus is very safe and friendly. It is the sort of place where you can go out at any time of night and feel confident and happy to walk around alone. It has lots of things to meet your basic needs - bars, restaurants, takeaways, food shops, a post office, hairdresser, florist, charity shop etc. There will be a brand new sports centre from summer 2011 and the centre of campus is also currently being renovated [due for completion in March]. Surrounding campus, there are lots of fields and pretty places to walking. It has a rural feel, despite the nearby motorway, and the rail links are good.

With regards getting a job, that depends on how hard you try. There are jobs around, and the university runs a 'JobShop' where they list student-friendly jobs. The clubs and bars often have positions available. It isn't particularly easy to find work, however, given the small-town feel to Lancaster and the currently economic environment.

I hope you are happy, wherever you end up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.