The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

I need help to choose

I adopted specialty in Business Management University Aston University, Lancaster University, University of Leeds and Nottingham University. I am an international student and I can not personally attend universities. Interested in the possibility of finding work in their spare time and how you feel on campus. I would be grateful of any feedback from people who are already there. Thank you!
Reply 1
Aston's campus I think is one of it's biggest advantages for several reasons - it is relatively small (very small in fact) compared to other universities and all its accommodation is on campus meaning you can get from your room or lecture theatre to basically anywhere else on campus (library, Guild, sports facilities etc) in 5 minutes.

The fact its small means it's also a friendly campus and you see the same faces all the time, helping you to settle in quickly and make friends.

It's also only 10 minutes walk from Birmingham city centre and all the facilities and amenities there are there - shops, pubs, bars, restaurants, clubs, supermarkets, transport links etc etc which ties into your other point about finding work... there are so many places in the city centre to look for work and the university itself also has a lot of jobs on offer for students.

I hope that answers your questions :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I couldn't have said it better than gillipies really. I like the fact that the uni is small as it's easy to get around and it makes the atmosphere a lot nicer. As it's small I also feel really safe on campus, much more than I did when I lived off campus.
Reply 3
Go Lancaster if you want peaceful campus in the middle of some fields, Aston or Notts for inner-city living
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest