Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    no longer going to cardiff

ReputationRep:
    Advice: Live in halls.

Your right, the rented accomodation is a fair bit nicer - but you really won't want to miss out on your first year in halls. Cost is not really less if you go into a house; any decent house is minimum of £250pppm, more likely to be £270 ish if your looking at 7 beds. You've also got to pay your bills on top, ~£30pppm. That'd work out more expensive than most halls!

Completely ignore me if your set on a house.. but think carefully about it - the rooms may not seem as nice - but you will have a LOT more fun if you live in halls. That'll be where you make your best friends

P.s. If I remember, we looked at campbell's last year - Nice houses all in all, but you will HATE that lounge. They are almost all way too small for the amount of people you'd have living there. Lounge quite quickly becomes the most important thing imo

ReputationRep:
    I comp agree do not miss out in the halls experience - I ended up in a Cardiff University owned house - they own a few streets and I struggled to make friends and have far less than I thought I would- Im not unpopular by any means but you just dont get to know people aswell even if you join lots of clubs which I did.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Helen... We're three girls who all chose not to go into halls in our first year and really regret it (I had a flat on my own and the other 2 stayed at home) At the moment we're trying to get together a house of around 7 so we can enjoy the sociable atmosphere that you miss out on. If you do decide not to go into halls, pop me a message if you still want to get a group together, we're all nice going to get somewhere in Cathays so its near uni, probably not one of Cambell's houses because they're hellish expensive, but still will find something nicer than halls

xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.