Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

£100 - 1080p 22" - 24" PC Monitor/TV? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Far stretch but does anyone know where I can pick up a high res TV/PC monitor for around £100? Obviously it'll be second hand, but I don't care. I've heard of a few forums where tech heads get rid of there older hardware (or what they consider old, lol) for cheap so they could pick up new bits.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

ReputationRep:
    You can pick up a new full HD panel for around £100-120 in most of the online stores now, worth looking into if you have free shipping in any stores or it's ebuyer, play, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrfantastic)
    You can pick up a new full HD panel for around £100-120 in most of the online stores now, worth looking into if you have free shipping in any stores or it's ebuyer, play, etc.
    Hey, thanks! I just checked ebuyer, and found this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/241849

It's good, but around £30 out of budget. Thats why I was hunting for some second hand on a few enthusiast forums.

Could you suggest a decent one, new or used 24" within the £100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marviee)
    Hey, thanks! I just checked ebuyer, and found this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/241849

It's good, but around £30 out of budget. Thats why I was hunting for some second hand on a few enthusiast forums.

Could you suggest a decent one, new or used 24" within the £100?
    I don't know of any going at that price. Only a few Dell IPS monitors going for double your budget...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/search?sort=pr...imit=50&page=1

Theirs quite a few thats £109 but their 22 inches full HD, id suggest you go for that samsung you posted in your link even if it is £30 over budget, i own the same monitor but with a built in tv tuner, its a hybird and i got it for £180 well worth the money for

Full HD resoultion
    Built in TV tuner
    2XHDMI inpout
    1xOptical input
    1xDVI
    1xVGA
    Component and scart input.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Far stretch but does anyone know where I can pick up a high res TV/PC monitor for around £100? Obviously it'll be second hand, but I don't care. I've heard of a few forums where tech heads get rid of there older hardware (or what they consider old, lol) for cheap so they could pick up new bits.

Any ideas where I should start looking?
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monit...roductId=41892

Its new. But probably no good to you.

Just a heads up.
    look on freecycle, or local 'for sale in ....' groups around where you live on facebook.
    I live in north wales and there are 5 within 20 miles of eachother, so living somewhere civilised will surley have some!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monit...roductId=41892look on freecycle, or local 'for sale in ....' groups around where you live on facebook.
    I live in north wales and there are 5 within 20 miles of eachother, so living somewhere civilised will surley have some!
    freecycle? Heh... Thanks, but erm... Unless you want me to pick up an old 14" CRT monitor, then that'd be the last place I'd suggest someone to look

I'll check out the aira link though, looks promising.

ReputationRep:
    freecycle? Heh... Thanks, but erm... Unless you want me to pick up an old 14" CRT monitor, then that'd be the last place I'd suggest someone to look

I'll check out the aira link though, looks promising.
    Hahaha fair point! But you never know, could get lucky!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.