Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never written a proper essay....ADVICE would be appreciated Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there ....So I've got this 2000 word essay due in on friday. The guide lines state that the essay should be of a critical evaluation nature..... You are allowed to choose an array of pre choose topics. I went electric cars .....but cant quit lay out the structure...... I have to have

- An abstract of about 200 words ( not counted as part of the 2000 word count )

and this is how I structed mine so far

- Introduction (200 words ?)
    - History of technolgy (500 ? )
    - Branches/products/ and where the technology is at now (300 ?)
    - Limitation of the cars ( 300 ? )
    - The future of the technology ( 300?)
    - Conclusion (400? )

I thought it should have been straight forward from here....but this essay should be of a certain formality since it's like a report and there for no waffling or my opnions are allowed. All the information I pre-read are fact based and hard to rephrase (to avoid plagiarism and what not )

I dont know what should go on each section to produce a free flowing essay ...that does give out too much too early (keep the reader interested ...is that even possible with such an essay ? ) Kinda is my first essay and I'm not an essay person ...any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Introductions and conclusions are looked down on by Literature teachers. You should get straight to the point and keep everything in context.

If you're stuck, ask your teacher for a 'model essay' just to see how things are done properly, and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    hey i dont really know anything about your essay
    but generally speaking, make sure everything you write is in paragraph form and not just bullet point.

your structure seems fine, once you have covered everything i.e. write seperate paragraph for disadvantaes and seprate one for advantages, then like that it would have good structure and will flow.

sorry if this didn't help, its quite basic but i thought i should post it in case it might be abit useful.

ReputationRep:
    Is this an english or a history essay?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.