Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to do pgce in primary at leeds uni? i was wondering if anyone has had an interview or heard anything?:confused:
    i applied in october but they are chasing up my academic reference...

ReputationRep:
    I applied in October too and I haven't heard anything. I went into Leeds uni School of education last week and they said that their first round of interviews are before christmas and if you had got into one of those then you would have heard already, which isn't brilliant news. There are four interview dates overall though, so not all hope is lost. If I'm not even going to get an interview though i just wish they would say so, so that my application could go to my second choice before all the places are taken.

ReputationRep:
    That definitely doesn't sound too promising.. I last spoke to someone there last week and they were reassuring me that I shouldn't worry as they were waiting for an email to confirm my degree from my uni and then should be processing my application... I agree with you in that if they will be rejecting me, wish they would get on with it so I may have remote chance of getting a place at my second choice.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've been in a few times, im at Leeds uni and I'm a perpetual worrier. And they said that the people in the first round of interviews are the very first applications that they had... I thought i was one of those but obviously not. However they said that people getting interviews at later dates should have an equal chance of a place... Nt quite sure how that works.

I guess now it's the second of December they will at least know that they have had all of their applications... Also they said hat had your application been entirely unsuitable they would have rejected you straight away... So maybe there is still hope.

This whole pgce application process has been the most stressful thing I've ever done!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have applied for the Primary PGCE at Leeds too. I sent my application in the first day possible and have an interview on the 7th December. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the interviews on the 7th of december for primary pgce?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I haven't heard anything from Leeds since my interview on the 7th. I'm hoping this is a good sign seeing as they said they were rejecting the people they felt were unsuitable pretty quickly. Have you heard?

ReputationRep:
    nope i have not heard a word!!! I was hoping it was good news, but i'm thinking perhaps they are replying to everyone in January! Who knows? All we can do is keep our fingers crossed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.