The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Stoke Campus 2011

I have a place at Staffordshire uni, Stoke campus for 2011, and I'm looking at accommodation - currently deciding between Clarice Cliff Court and Leek Road Halls.

I'm wanting to know a bit more about the two - which one is more 'lively', which one people prefer, what are the pros and cons that people living in both have discovered - features of the two that aren't on the official website with the basic info (I've looked around this site and can't find much recent info on what I want to know!)

It would also be nice to know who'll be living on the Stoke campus next year!

Thanks!
Reply 1
i guess ur wayyy better than me.. i'll be comin to the stoke campus in january hopefully,and it'll be the first itme to uk... :smile:
i have'nt got a clue about the accomidation,but i'll definately not stay at the campus hostel for sure... how abt u ? any info ? wat course r u opting for ?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
I'll be studying photojournalism, what about you?
Reply 3
i'll be doin masters in business management... did u find a place to stat yet ?
Reply 4
Well that's what I was posting about - either Clarice Cliff Court or Leek Road Halls, I just haven't decided which one yet!
Reply 5
The halls are okay I guess but not always the best place.
My advice is here:

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/residence/Stoke-on-Trent/liberty-court/36/
Reply 6
i contacted someone livin in there and they also said the same thing about the halls.... they r ok.. they suggested takin a house for rent and share it with 2~3 ppl... that would work out cheaper and better than the university halls... also,it seems that many of the msc students stay at stoke and travel to staff's... i guess there will be many wanting to share a residence... :smile:
Reply 7
Liberty Living is (as far as I'm aware) the most expensive choice, so I'm not too keen!
Also, I don't really want to rent a house in my first year - everybody I've spoken to says that halls are the best option to meet the people you want to share a house with in the second year - so I think I'd rather do that!
Reply 8
Im currently living in clarice cliff this year. Just finished my first semester and im loving every minute of it.

Luckily, i got a great flat, get on with everyone and spend the majority of my time and nights out with them. The flats next to us are also full of good people who we spend alot of time with. Upstairs are guys from Trinidad who know how to have fun.

My point is, there are so many good people there that want to have fun.

I just turned 20 so im within the majority of peoples age groups, however there are people in my house, Rachel Bishop, ranging from 18-40's. So noone is left without someone else alike close by.

Leek road i have never been in, but i have heard alot, paying extra for my own bathroom was a good decision, 5-7 people sharing 1 bathroom isnt my idea of fun tbh, although it must be barable otherwise nobody would do it.

If you come for an open day, my room is in the worst possible place for this, i tend to open my curtains to the surprise of 30 people standing outside my window who i seem to expose myself too.

The really should let us know they are happening.

any questions just ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending