The Student Room Group

I've just been threatened by my dad :/

Hii im 16 and im in college, i got in from college those of you who know its like snowing like hell, so i got in from college and had a quick bath and saw that dad was alseep and mum was at work, sis isnt in and lil bro is outside playing in the snow. So i realise that i need to do the cooking, so i wash the morning dishes and get started on the dinner. this all took me about 1 hour 45 min to complete. mocks coming up im in lower sixth so need to be revising especially my physics so i go up stairs and start on some past papers. so the washing machines broke so dad calls me down to sort it once he woke up (he doesnt know how to do anything) so i say alright after i have finished this problem, 5 min later he SHOUTS me down and starts goin MENTAL!

"I called you why didnt you come down stairs?"
"you think you can ignore me?"
"when i tell you to do something you do it, Im the man of this house not you and what i say goes!" .... (I thought to myself when have i ever acted like i was the man of the house :/)
"I want obedient children and this isnt the first time you have ignored me"
"Next time you do that again ... god forbid"

I tried to say this to him.. " dad i was trying to finish a question before i forgot what i was doing, i was going to come down stairs.. but he never EVER wants to listen to me, when i want to say something he cuts me short and says this isnt a debate. when he was saying all of this he had a knife in his had that he picked up when i walked in but im not sure if it was just a coincident and he was going to cut something with it before i cam into the kitchen..

What am i meant to do, me and his realtionship has never been good and we have always argued.. i just want to stay out of his was and count the day till i leave :/ How do i get him to understand what i was trying to say? But tbh i really want nothing more to do with him. He's not even a dad .. all he does is go to work pay the bills and rent, i work and buy my own things he refuses to give me any money what so ever.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Looks like he's on a passive agressive power trip, has he failed to get his dream job, is your mum ugly?
Reply 2
That was really unfair of him to act like that. Have you tried talking to your mum? Maybe she could get through to him. Other than that, wait until he calms down and then explain your side of the story. Don't start shouting at him or anything though, show yourself to be the more mature and bigger person.
Sounds like my dad :dontknow:

Ignore him, get on with life - you're 16, you move out soon. You're not going to change him.
aww sweety :frown:
just stay clear, kinda been in this situation before - Hate my dad tooo
as if you were going to do tea and did all the washing up, my you are good i dont do hardly anything, you sound a little angel tbh.. hes lucky he has a son like you. not many peopel are like that!
<3
Reply 6
Maybe he has sand in his vagina.
Reply 7
Original post by Snaiv
Looks like he's on a passive agressive power trip, has he failed to get his dream job, is your mum ugly?

aha no my mum beautiful n im not just saying that and yeahh he's a qualified accountant but hasnt been able to find a job that he is qualified to do for years but dnt think this is the case :/
Childline are always there.
Reply 9
Nobody has the right to bully you, not even your parents. But saying that, you should remember that compared to what some people have to put up with, you seem to have it relatively mild. Still, you could always have a word with him and tell him that you will not be spoken to in that way again. You are a human being, demand to be treated as such.

I've never understood parents who shout at their children. If I have kids, I won't ever feel the need to shout at them/act like a bully.
Reply 10
Original post by Law123mus

Beaut
Original post by Law123mus

Eww, is that what a Vagina looks like?
Start lifting weights. In case your dad starts being all alpha male on you.
Reply 13
Original post by Keiran:.
Hii im 16 and im in college, i got in from college those of you who know its like snowing like hell, so i got in from college and had a quick bath and saw that dad was alseep and mum was at work, sis isnt in and lil bro is outside playing in the snow. So i realise that i need to do the cooking, so i wash the morning dishes and get started on the dinner. this all took me about 1 hour 45 min to complete. mocks coming up im in lower sixth so need to be revising especially my physics so i go up stairs and start on some past papers. so the washing machines broke so dad calls me down to sort it once he woke up (he doesnt know how to do anything) so i say alright after i have finished this problem, 5 min later he SHOUTS me down and starts goin MENTAL!

"I called you why didnt you come down stairs?"
"you think you can ignore me?"
"when i tell you to do something you do it, Im the man of this house not you and what i say goes!" .... (I thought to myself when have i ever acted like i was the man of the house :/)
"I want obedient children and this isnt the first time you have ignored me"
"Next time you do that again ... god forbid"

I tried to say this to him.. " dad i was trying to finish a question before i forgot what i was doing, i was going to come down stairs.. but he never EVER wants to listen to me, when i want to say something he cuts me short and says this isnt a debate. when he was saying all of this he had a knife in his had that he picked up when i walked in but im not sure if it was just a coincident and he was going to cut something with it before i cam into the kitchen..

What am i meant to do, me and his realtionship has never been good and we have always argued.. i just want to stay out of his was and count the day till i leave :/ How do i get him to understand what i was trying to say? But tbh i really want nothing more to do with him. He's not even a dad .. all he does is go to work pay the bills and rent, i work and buy my own things he refuses to give me any money what so ever.

Calm down. My parents say 'God forbid...' all time. I had a tough childhood, me and my mum never really saw eye to eye and the whole 'God forbid...' thing happened most weeks and often ended up worse. If this is the first incident I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The knife thing was most likely a coincidence, you'd have to be pretty damn angry/insane to threaten someone with a knife over that.

If you work and buy your own things then why should he? I assume your mum helps you out too? Why not talk to her about it?

You are leaving soon, you don't have to love him or even like him, just tolerate him, for your own happiness if anything, but I would advise talking to your mum :smile:
He just dreamt that he was king kong.
Sounds like a storm in a teacup....
:console:

Don't worry, it'll be okay just ignore him and get on with it, he doesn't seem very reasonable so don't do anything stupid like running away, you're only 16, so get your A-levels, go to uni (assuming that's what you wanna do?) and be a better person than he is. Good luck.
:hugs:
Reply 17
Tell him, "no, dad, no!"
Sorry, where was the part where he threatened you?

All i read was that he shouted at you whilst holding a knife.
Reply 19
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending