Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girls, would you be ok if your bf... Watch

went to strip clubs?

my boyfriend is going on a "lads only" weekend away in a fortnight for a friends birthday, and as far as i'm aware, there wont be any sight-seeing on the agenda - the main activity will involve heavy drinking and strip clubs.

he's been completely honest and open with the fact that he's going to these strip joints, which i appreciate, but i still hate the idea of him sitting there watching naked girls writhing about on stage.

i definitely wouldn't even think about forbidding him or anything, i mean i'm not the boss of him and i trust him, but i just really hate the idea of it. what do you people think?

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think you should calm down. He's been honest and told you which is more than alot can say.

Strippers are there as a form of entertainment. So just live and let live.

ReputationRep:
    Well he isn't goig to be getting anything from them unless it's one of those strip clubs in which case he'll get syph instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be absolutely fine with it. I'd be glad he told me, and also reassured that strippers have limits about what can be done to them.

ReputationRep:
    calm down, it's not like he's gonna cheat on you

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I wouldnt like it. What woman would be totally happy with another woman shoving her arse in her boyfriend's face?

ReputationRep:
    Your feelings are perfectly justified. As a guy, I would never do such a thing, largely because a 'lads only weekend' sounds like hell on Earth. I certainly would not tolerate a gf watching naked men gyrate around her. I also don't agree with these places morally.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wouldn't be happy about it but TBH its not the sort of thing he'd do fortunately!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by York2010)
    Nah I wouldn't be happy about it but TBH its not the sort of thing he'd do fortunately!
    I bet he does lol

ReputationRep:
    His first mistake was telling you.

ReputationRep:
    Guys will be guys.

Tbf, I had to watch my bf have a stripper for his 18th birthday and well, I blanked most of it out. Probably because she was more than twice his age. But that's a whole other story..

On a serious note, I would be a little anxious (I'm typically insecure sometimes) but as long as it was "look and don't grab" it wouldn't bother me excessively. Don't worry about it - it's purely entertainment.

If you're so worried, hire a male stripper the same weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staring.space)

Not a bad idea actually. See if he gets upset about that idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staring.space)
    Guys will be guys.

Tbf, I had to watch my bf have a stripper for his 18th birthday and well, I blanked most of it out. Probably because she was more than twice his age. But that's a whole other story.. :|

On a serious note, I would be a little anxious (I'm typically insecure sometimes) but as long as it was "look and don't grab" it wouldn't bother me excessively. Don't worry about it - it's purely entertainment.

Lol yeah tell him your having a male stripper round yours :|

ReputationRep:
    Let him know your concerns. It probably won't stop him from going (and I wouldn't expect it to), but I think a fluid dialogue is necessary in a healthy relationship. No point in telling him you're okay with it if you're not.

(Original post by Antonia87)
    Nope. I wouldnt like it. What woman would be totally happy with another woman shoving her arse in her boyfriend's face?
    I'm honestly very surprised. I didn't expect that.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it depends on the context. If I knew he was being dragged there by his laddish mates and was just going along with it rolling his eyes (which would prob be the case) then I wouldn't mind. If I thought he initiated it, or helped organise, or even if I thought he was enthusiastic about it, I'd definitely mind.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't try and ban him from it or anything. Like others have said, you should feel reassured that he's told you and that there's going to be a limit of what the strippers are going to do anyway. Me and my boyfriend have a "look but don't touch" rule - so as long as it stayed within that, then I'd be ok

My boyfriend asked me if I would care if he ever went to one. I said it might bother me a little if I'm honest.

He then told me I wasn't his wife, and therefore I have no say whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't like it, can't really stop him from going though.
    Plus what others have strippers have a limit anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nkhan)
    Lol yeah tell him your having a male stripper round yours :|
    I was joking, essentially. I was trying to get across the idea that OP's boyfriend should be just as comfortable the other way round if he's going to a strip club himself.

S'all about trust.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.